Creator Response FAQ and updated rules

tbowne85

Tiller
Hi all,

Just a few questions for Cole is he's free.

Did the FAQ you mentioned working on a while back ever come out? I played a game recently for the first time in a while and realized that would have come in handy.

Also, I've seen mention in multiple threads on here and a few posts on BGG that you and CA are considering rule alterations (to some degree) or just some general tweeks to the game. Will those come out in a new rulebook? And will Ayers who bought the original printing be able to benefit for these.

I ask because while I like the game a fair amount, and it really has the feel of SV, I've kinda just accepted during my last game, that I'll never win a game. I don't know if that's just me or a product of the game being rather difficult. I actually told the person playing with me last time that we shouldn't expect to win.

Regardless, kudos on the game and I'm looking forward to what come next.

P.s. Maybe a more full fat version of going in the mines complete with a mini game board to go with it?

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Hey there!

I don't have an official FAQ put together yet, but that is still something I'd like to post eventually. I've compiled a list of common questions mostly so that they can be addressed in the rule book for the next printing.

It's true that we've been testing some suggestions to make improvements. I can't go into detail just yet, but I can say that those changes will mostly be clarifications (not rule changes) and the stuff that is changing most dramatically, we intend to make easily available to folks who already own the game.

I'd love to help you win the game! First of all, please feel free to adjust the difficulty - add another card or two into the season deck or start with a bundle or two revealed. I will say the difficulty changes based on player count and what goals/bundles come up. If you're getting frustrated or consistently defeated by a particular one, I would say set that goal or bundle aside until you're ready to come back to it. If you have questions about strategy, please feel free to ask.

tbowne85

Tiller
Hey there!

I don't have an official FAQ put together yet, but that is still something I'd like to post eventually. I've compiled a list of common questions mostly so that they can be addressed in the rule book for the next printing.

It's true that we've been testing some suggestions to make improvements. I can't go into detail just yet, but I can say that those changes will mostly be clarifications (not rule changes) and the stuff that is changing most dramatically, we intend to make easily available to folks who already own the game.

I'd love to help you win the game! First of all, please feel free to adjust the difficulty - add another card or two into the season deck or start with a bundle or two revealed. I will say the difficulty changes based on player count and what goals/bundles come up. If you're getting frustrated or consistently defeated by a particular one, I would say set that goal or bundle aside until you're ready to come back to it. If you have questions about strategy, please feel free to ask.
Thanks for the reply. I will try your suggestions. I look forward to what ever tweeks you make cause I'm not good at making house rules. Cheers!