1.6 Update Fairy changed color.

SirSamsword

Greenhorn
blackfairy.jpg

Anyone know why my fairy changed to black and red? I opened the game this morning and this is how the fairy companion looked.

There was a patch released that gives four different fairy designs (I believe, could be wrong on the number). If you have auto updates, it probably installed without you noticing.

SirSamsword

Greenhorn
So I've now collected 4 fairy box trinkets, but each one has this black/red color. Is there only one style of fairy per save file? Or did I just "roll the dice" that way so to speak?

SirSamsword

Greenhorn
I can't tell if it's a bug, or just roll of the dice, or just that there is only 1 color per save file, but I have now found about 8 fairy boxes and they all show as this black and red color.

I believe it is tied to your save file, so it is not possible to change, at least not easily. I wish CA would add a feature to change its color, similarly to the frog trinket.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think you guys may be experiencing a bug with the new patch as I assume it was intended for all colours to be available

Elenna101

Farmer
I believe it is tied to your save file, so it is not possible to change, at least not easily. I wish CA would add a feature to change its color, similarly to the frog trinket.
It's linked to your multiplayer ID, specifically. If you edit the save file to change that number you can change the colour, but otherwise, yes, it's fixed per person per save file. That is, if you start another save file it'll be different, and for different players on the same farm it'll be different, but for the same player on the same farm it'll always be the same. I agree it would be nice if it could be changed.

I think you guys may be experiencing a bug with the new patch as I assume it was intended for all colours to be available
They are all available in the sense that different farms will have different colours, but yeah, as far as I know it's locked to one colour per player & farm (barring save file editing)

SirSamsword

Greenhorn
It's linked to your multiplayer ID, specifically. If you edit the save file to change that number you can change the colour, but otherwise, yes, it's fixed per person per save file. That is, if you start another save file it'll be different, and for different players on the same farm it'll be different, but for the same player on the same farm it'll always be the same. I agree it would be nice if it could be changed.

They are all available in the sense that different farms will have different colours, but yeah, as far as I know it's locked to one colour per player & farm (barring save file editing)
Thanks for the clarification, hopefully CA will make the color changeable in the future.