Explain this to me guys...

And both look a lot like Jawa from Star Wars.

I mean, the whole game of Stardew Valley was inspired by Harvest Moon.

People have always drawn inspiration from those who went before. Not quite sure what point you're trying to make here

hancimirac

Greenhorn
I'm just wondering...
The Messenger maded in 2018
Stardew Valley maded in 2016
I wonder how this similarity came about.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I looked it up before posting. It was part of the 1.3 update and released at the start of August 2018.

Edit: Although it does look like it was being worked on as early as the beginning of 2018. But idk anything about The Messenger and if that character could be seen in promotional content before 2018. Regardless, probably either inspiration taken from a game like that, or sheer coincidence.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
If night market was added in a 2018 I will have my answer.
You really will not, you will only have what you think is an answer to an already pretty vague assumption on a topic that could correlate with-as a few have stated- with different ficitonal characters having no connection besides look to one another, you will not have an answer in any way whatsoever, just some information you believe is proof for your point but could, and is probably, completely unrelated.
Sorry to be blunt.

Isa730

Rancher
No you won't. You'll have made an assumption. As others have pointed out, they both bear resemblance to other characters from popular fiction that goes back 4 decades.
You really will not, you will only have what you think is an answer to an already pretty vague assumption on a topic that could correlate with-as a few have stated- with different ficitonal characters having no connection besides look to one another, you will not have an answer in any way whatsoever, just some information you believe is proof for your point but could, and is probably, completely unrelated.
Sorry to be blunt.
Responding to this post in a way that I think more accurately sees this as you just pointing out a funny similarity, the guy from The Messenger is giving me Dwarf x Black Mage :laugh:

The game is packed with references and nods to other games, movies, books. Trash Bear is a little like Totoro. The coal sprites from Spirited Away. Sebastian like from The Little Mermaid. Harvey from The Lovely Bones. Kent from The Others. Elements of Harvest Moon, Farmville, Zelda. That's part of why the game is amazing, it pulls from so many aspects of culture that everything is just a little familiar, and reimagined so it's a little eerie.