Creator Response Expansion?

Chilavert82IT

Greenhorn
Hello boardgame lovers,
with this message I mainly address the author with a slightly direct but important question: is there hope for a future expansion of the title?
I would desire a limited one to simple extra components: new cards and little more, without the need for something big like a campaign mode.
Among the ideas that come to my mind, to add options, could be a new profession (the fighter, who gets bonuses when facing the monsters of the mine), stickers to be applied to the map with new actions (do we want to ignore the wizard's tower?) , rebalancing of existing cards, and so on.
I would buy it with my eyes closed!
The board game deserves the same love that the video game received.

tbowne85

Tiller
I'd be very interested in an expansion. I don't know what it would be though. I don't know how it would be worked, but I'd love to see an expansion with a full explorable mine. Well I like the simplicity of the one in the base game, it is missing the more elaborate aspect of the video game version.

Maxlam

Tiller
  • For actual one
    • More package for community centers
    • More objective from Grandpa
    • More heart/gold tokens
  • For next one
    • More characters
    • Baby system
    • Calico Desert (Keeping Ginger for a next one)

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
I'd be very interested in an expansion. I don't know what it would be though. I don't know how it would be worked, but I'd love to see an expansion with a full explorable mine. Well I like the simplicity of the one in the base game, it is missing the more elaborate aspect of the video game version.
One prototype for the mine was almost a whole other game in itself, that built a mini map filled with resources and monsters! Maybe we could revisit it for a Skull Cavern expansion some day... :D

jstoried

Cowpoke
  • For actual one
    • More package for community centers
    • More objective from Grandpa
    • More heart/gold tokens
  • For next one
    • More characters
    • Baby system
    • Calico Desert (Keeping Ginger for a next one)
A little late to this, but we would definitely buy these. Especially the first one. I'm not sure how much demand there is, but even if there was no new content, I would pay for some additional heart/gold tokens.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
There have been a lot of questions are expansions. I think it's interesting to think about! :D

Blauwfuur

Cowpoke
The game already has a lot going on so i am torn. On one hand i can't wait to have more variety for this amazing game, on the other hand i feel no need to add more complexity to the game with an expansion.

More varied grandpa's goals, more options for crops, pigs, another profession? (Although i feel the "combat" profession would have very little effect in the game as it is now, since mining already has that partially covered.)

I feel as though the current game is already a game with expansions included and you guys did a wonderful job to bring such a complete and intricate endproduct to the market <3 I love the game

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
I feel as though the current game is already a game with expansions included and you guys did a wonderful job to bring such a complete and intricate endproduct to the market <3 I love the game
Thanks so much! Yes I am also a bit torn. It would be fun to add more stuff, but the game already has a lot. I worry about cluttering it up further. But who knows, maybe some fun idea will pop up!

DrasTPM

Newcomer
There have been a lot of questions are expansions. I think it's interesting to think about! :D
I'm late to this but how about the inclusion of the scythe as a starting tool? Not sure what it would do, but i'd like to have the full complement of tools from the game available in the board game and maybe make the Axe an actual starting tool as well.

kailomonkey

Tiller
The upgraded Axe could make wood tiles worth increasingly more money and worth x2 wood at iron and x3 wood at iridium for building with or donating.
The upgraded Scythe could make loving animals cost less hearts and give an additional end of turn animal produce action with 1 die at iron and 2 dice at iridium.
But just having those tools would be a small expansion so I'd imagine you'd want to add more features to the game, after which those tools could have uses related to the new features.

Something I have thought about is having a more concrete space for your farm for placing buildings. I've also noted that I think inventory limits shouldn't count during the season phase, which could instead filter to the farm spaces if that were an expansion. The Axe and especially the Scythe could be related to clearing space on the farm, whether upgrades are related to it or not. Buildings could come with different shaped tiles to contend with perhaps. Crops can stay on the normal watering track for simplicity, although there could potentially be pieces that help track the watering while the crops stay in place on the farm grid, which would definitely bring that element from the videogame!

Just some ideas on the suggestion as I think the game is good as it is and adding more to that brings more rules to learn.

Last edited:

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions and ideas! :) Originally I actually did have the Scythe as a starting tool, but changed it because I wanted all starting tools to be upgradable and the scythe isn't upgradable in the video game in the same way. That was actually a tough call because I did want a tool for all professions and the forager really doesn't have anything that thematically matches their abilities in terms of starting tool.