error message on launch after 1.6 update?

Totally_Lyrical

Greenhorn
I updated my mods and api for 1.6 but it gave me this error message. I don't know what to do.
edit: I did try updating my graphics drivers, but the latest drivers are already installed.

[game] The game failed to launch: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Failed to create graphics device!
---> PlatformNotSupportedException: MonoGame requires either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object.Try updating your graphics drivers.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.FramebufferHelper.Create(GraphicsDevice gd) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.FramebufferHelper.cs:line 32
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.cs:line 340
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Initialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 357
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation gdi) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 144
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 115
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 123
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 941
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 465
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively() in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 308

Last edited:

Totally_Lyrical

Greenhorn
That log you posted actually shows you in game. Did you solve the issue? If so, what did you do differently?
I did not solve it, no. I launched it a while ago on my laptop, but it still wouldn't function with all my mods. I may just uninstall SMAPI and all my mods and try again. I don't know why it would show me in game, as i hadn't played in months.

Dyanosis

Tiller
I did not solve it, no. I launched it a while ago on my laptop, but it still wouldn't function with all my mods. I may just uninstall SMAPI and all my mods and try again. I don't know why it would show me in game, as i hadn't played in months.
The reason I ask is because that log shows no actually errors, just some warnings. And near the end of the log, it shows that you were warping around and that the game was closed, meaning it opened at some point. I also don't see any mention of the error you got, or any error saying the game wouldn't open.

Also a bit strange that you say "launched it awhile ago", but that log says it was from May 17, 2024. To my eyes, that log looks like you successfully launched the game with only a few warnings about Way Back PT (which happens a lot due to Stardew Valley Expanded).

If you could give more context or a more recent log, it'd be easier to help out. But it looks like your game works so I'm confused.

Totally_Lyrical

Greenhorn
The reason I ask is because that log shows no actually errors, just some warnings. And near the end of the log, it shows that you were warping around and that the game was closed, meaning it opened at some point. I also don't see any mention of the error you got, or any error saying the game wouldn't open.

Also a bit strange that you say "launched it awhile ago", but that log says it was from May 17, 2024. To my eyes, that log looks like you successfully launched the game with only a few warnings about Way Back PT (which happens a lot due to Stardew Valley Expanded).

If you could give more context or a more recent log, it'd be easier to help out. But it looks like your game works so I'm confused.
i'm confused as well. I don't know why it would be that way, as I hadn't played in months when I got the error. I'm just gonna uninstall and reinstall SMAPI and all my mods. thank you for your help.

Dyanosis

Tiller
i'm confused as well. I don't know why it would be that way, as I hadn't played in months when I got the error. I'm just gonna uninstall and reinstall SMAPI and all my mods. thank you for your help.
I wouldn't do anything with the mods. They don't do anything on their own. Just uninstall and re-install SMAPI. The mods are just code that gets included, SMAPI is the one doing the work.