Endgame / post 2nd year suggestions

superzgred

Greenhorn
Basicly, after reaching 2nd year evaluation there is not much to do that requires real effort. Ginger Island is fine, but not long and additionaly speeds up the game. Money are not a problem after ancient seed, so everything that costs money, really costs waiting time. Adding anything new to buy after this point will not make any difference. When I wanted to reach perfection I was limited only by time, as I had to wait one year for money and more presents to give (limit of two slows down progress).

So what i think is that game needs some kind of new game+ mechanic. But adding just new game+ as same gameplay would be boring, so here is my idea - Time Travel.
After reaching end of year 2 or 3 player will be introduced to latest invention by Wizard, Demetrius and Maru - Machine that will transport player back or forth in time. This will bring player to old or future version of Pelican Town where everything is different and everything has to be done from beginning. New Town Map, some new villagers, new locations and secrets. Machine ofcourse will brake after use, so effort is required to repair it.
This also allows to add some new mechanics, as later in game player can grow hundreds of each crop and do nothing with it but ship. Some mechanic to utilise so much fruits and veggies or artistian products should be present in game. An animal feeding perhaps? Making special feed for your animals, that allows them reach 5 hearts faster on even produce new produtcs?
At this point adding new crafting items, crops or food without new mechanic hidden behind it is useless, as those are rarely usable when player is able to produce them. Radioactive ore for example - it is used for items easily replaceable by their weaker versions (and muuuuch cheaper and easier to produce).
In this game we are becoming rich and powerful farmers with no real challenges to use our money and strength against. This is basicly a best item in game given after finall boss, so we even can't feel power coming from our achievement. We want to feel our power!

Interesting idea. But mainly this means CA & devs have to build two additional games (future/older maps, NPCs, mechanics...) into the existing game. I don't think this could be easily done.
BTW: when I remember correctly someone suggested already to have an older town version (western stile?) somehow...

I also think ancient seed and ginger island are unbalanced comparing with the start conditions. Unfortunately I have no idea how to make this more balanced without getting a lame/repetitive gameplay.

superzgred

Greenhorn
nteresting idea. But mainly this means CA & devs have to build two additional games (future/older maps, NPCs, mechanics...) into the existing game. I don't think this could be easily done.
Well, yes. But remember that STV is a 5 years old game without a decent DLC. I don't mind paying if content is worth it. Also, game devs will make more money, so maybe development could go faster?
Adding new mechanics will make achieving 100% less "waiting". Last season before reaching 100% i just skipped days just to wait for gifts to be available again. Money, exploring, crafting - all is useless right now after year two/three.

Basicly, after reaching 2nd year evaluation there is not much to do that requires real effort. Ginger Island is fine, but not long and additionaly speeds up the game. Money are not a problem after ancient seed, so everything that costs money, really costs waiting time. Adding anything new to buy after this point will not make any difference. When I wanted to reach perfection I was limited only by time, as I had to wait one year for money and more presents to give (limit of two slows down progress).

So what i think is that game needs some kind of new game+ mechanic. But adding just new game+ as same gameplay would be boring, so here is my idea - Time Travel.
After reaching end of year 2 or 3 player will be introduced to latest invention by Wizard, Demetrius and Maru - Machine that will transport player back or forth in time. This will bring player to old or future version of Pelican Town where everything is different and everything has to be done from beginning. New Town Map, some new villagers, new locations and secrets. Machine ofcourse will brake after use, so effort is required to repair it.
First of all future (like squidward) and second of all it would be nice. But I'm sure Maru and Harvey won't be a couple so prepare ahead. And also I want to see the valley in the future (which would differ if did community center or joja) such as Pierre being arrested at the joja path.