Standard Farm End Game Farm Updated to 1.5

fortyseven

Tiller
This is my oldest surviving farm, which I have been playing with my girlfriend and now wife for the last 2 years. It is currently in year 5 and has now been brought up-to-date with the latest patch. I edited the season in the save file for the screenshots.

It uses the Automate and Deluxe Auto-Grabber mods. Consequently, it has become highly automated and only requires occasional looting of a handful of chests to operate, in addition, to the annual sowing of crops, which can be completed in a single day. The junimo-chest and auto-petter have further eliminated almost all routine maintenance tasks.

The aim of the farm is to optimise efficiency and functionality while maintaining a clean, organised and simple ‘working-farm’ aesthetic.

The two main products are ancient fruit wine and truffle oil. It has about 900 kegs, 380 casks, 200 crystallaria, 80 blobfish and 48 pigs plus an assortment of various other livestock and cross-seasonal crops grown in the greenhouse and other indoor spaces to cover buff food and quest needs, though the majority of this produce is also sold.

The farm would generate a profit of around 50.000.000 annually in a standard game. However, we play with a 50% handicap so it’s about 25.000.000 or 1.500.000 a week.

We view this farm as essentially complete and we are using it as our base to get the 100% game completion achievement. We are currently at 91% so not long to go.

This is not the most original layout but it has complemented our playstyle for this run very well and provided a solid road map on how to upscale the farm at a good pace. I saw a few outlines with some similar ideas on upload.farm before embarking on this save so we can’t take all of the credit for the design.

Home Farm Spring.png Home Farm Summer.png Home Farm Autumn.png Home Farm Winter.png

Last edited:

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
Nosey me would like to see the interiors of your barns and sheds. :)
This is a good farm layout! My first farm, in year 8 is the wilderness farm. Tough luck for me.

fortyseven

Tiller
Nosey me would like to see the interiors of your barns and sheds. :)
This is a good farm layout! My first farm, in year 8 is the wilderness farm. Tough luck for me.
Thanks Bark! Personally, I have always struggled with the other farmsteads for good layouts. I like my straight lines! 😅

Regarding our interiors, I’m afraid they are really boring.

Since switching to Automate they are essentially filled top to bottom with machines (kegs for sheds 2-6, crystalaria in 7). A big shed can hold 203 machines plus 1 chest (placed above the entrance tile). For the keg sheds, we are using junimo chests linking the kegs with the junimo huts (the chests are hidden on the middle tile behind the huts). They are also linked with the casks in the cellars so the automation is 100%. It requires no outside intervention apart from occasionally selling produce every few weeks.

Before automate we used the classic machine shed layout which can be seen on the Stardew wiki page. Due to the reduced space we used the upgraded cabin as an additional shed and had no room for crystalaria. The Farm obviously made less money then and was quite a chore to keep going (which is why we only got to year 4 before we switched to mods).

We decided not to use barns/coops for machines that were not related to their associated animal products. We just thought it looked silly otherwise. So the barns only ever had about a dozen machines or so and this has now been reduced due to the optimisation from Automate. The oil makers (we have around 50 to keep on top of the truffles) are now all grouped together in shed 1 with a junimo box. All other miscellaneous machines and our sorting and long term storage chests are also kept in there.

Finally, the separated barn and coop are not filled to max capacity. A full complement of animals would deplete the grass outside after about 3 weeks. With 6 or less animals it is self-sustaining. We only keep them for atmosphere and buff-food after all. Livestock aren’t meaningfully profitable apart from pigs (and maybe ostridges but pigs are still way better). Of course we buy our hay, the cost of which is negligible. It can be pre-stored in a chest and gets moved into the silos through automate so you don’t have to keep track of it. In vanilla the 4 silos only get you through 2-3 weeks which is why we used to have 8 and 2 less fish ponds.

The greenhouse is focused on ancient seed production and buff-food. It had a lot of seedmakers and coffee kegs before automate and the deluxe auto-grabber but that is no longer required. The auto-grabber also picks the fruit off the fruit trees.

As a final point the island farm is essentially a second massive greenhouse. It could add a further 10 million annual profit but we have only used it for questing so far, as the money just isn’t needed. Also thanks to the new retaining soil, we don’t have to water garden pots anymore, so we have less demand for greenhouse soil that can be reached with sprinklers.

So to cut a long story short the only interior we have spent time on for looks is the farmhouse. You can check it out below if you like.

Greenhouse.png Farmhouse.png

Last edited:

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
For the keg sheds, we are using junimo chests linking the kegs with the junimo huts (the chests are hidden on the middle tile behind the huts). They are also linked with the casks in the cellars
Can you explain further? Automate is one of my favorite mods. How do you link the huts with the casks?

fortyseven

Tiller
Can you explain further? Automate is one of my favorite mods. How do you link the huts with the casks?
Automate treats the junimo huts like machines and pulls any crops stored within into chests placed next to them. All junimo chests are magically interconnected. Thus, the contents of one is the same for all of them irrespective of distance. So for the cask assemply line:
  1. Place a junimo chest next to a junimo hut.
  2. Fill any other building or area with kegs and place a 2nd junimo chest next to them and they will push the harvested crops from the junimo huts into the kegs. Once the kegs have processed the crops the artisan product will be pushed back into the junimo chest.
  3. Fill the cellar with casks and place a 3rd junimo chest next to them and they will push the artisan product into the casks and pull out the iridium-aged product once finished.
  4. Place a 4th junimo chest near the shipping bin and you can dump your aged artisan product and excess non-aged product whenever the junimo chest is close to full.
And that's it. You can incorperate further assembly lines. For example we have included our truffle oil production. But it is limited by the fact that junimo chests only have 9 spaces, something I hope will be moded one day. What would also be cool if you could have demarcated sets of junimo chests maybe by setting different colors for them and only the ones that share the same color are interconnected that would be mega cool. It could fine tune automation to an insane level.