Enchantments Fern Island

Miretar

Planter
Is there a way of getting enchantments without Fern Island. I find the place incredibly annoying.

ISSsloth

Farmer
Iirc, a few lower level weapons come with specific enchantments built in, the holy blade and dark sword, with crusader and vampiric respectively. Neither are particularly viable for the point in the game you seem to be at, though. If you don't mind me asking, what about the island do you find annoying? You don't have to be there long to unlock the volcano, and at that point it just takes a bit of practice to make it through to the forge.

Miretar

Planter
What do I find annoying?
Hunting the walnuts through the dark maze so that you can access the content. The whole scavenger hunt seems contrived.
The dungeon. I have vision issues that affect my reflexes which means the dungeon is nigh on impossible. I tried when it came out and could barely manage it then.

So I am essentially shut out of that content. I can only play online games that involve combat with the support of another player because of how my eyes work. I’m not playing Stardew for dungeon. I hate skull caverns & only go for the iridium.

Besides, my character’s home is Pelican Town. When last I played, I didn’t see anything that made me want to explore the island. The scavenger hunt really alienated me. Plus the place is a pain to get too.

i was so disappointed by the experience when the supplement came out I actually quit playing.

Lew Zealand

Helper
As there are no other ways to add Enchants to Weapons that I'm aware of, the most viable way I can see to get to the Forge is to ask someone to get through for you. Once you reach the Forge, there's a shortcut back to the beginning which then unlocks a shortcut to the Forge so you never need to go through the Volcano again.

As for getting through the Volcano itself, the simplest way to do that is Bomb your way through and eat a lot of :goldstar: Cheese or your favorite Food, like a hundred or more. Use a Speed Buff like Coffee to get through quicker. Essentially clearing a path and running through while constantly eating to heal. I think I saw elsewhere you're playing on mobile and I don't know if I could manage that on the small screen (I'm a spoiled PC/Mac person) with the controls. But when I finally got through the Volcano, that's what I did. Ignore everything else and Bomb the stuff out of the way to clear a path.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yes, though it's limited.
In 1.5 you can find the dark sword by killing haunted skulls in the mines or quarry mine, it's an obsidian edge-tier sword with the vampiric enchant.

In 1.6, in addition to the dark sword, you can also get the holy blade which comes with the crusader enchant, can be found in later mines levels as a special drop.

Those are the only two enchants and enchanted weapons you can get without visiting the island. While you can enchant with the mini forge gotten through the combat mastery, that's gatelocked behind the island as well due to its crafting recipe

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That's fair, sorry.

Going back to the wiki, there is actually a way that I missed initially. If you have 1.6, you can craft the mini forge after unlocking combat mastery. This will allow you to enchant your tools.
The mini forge requires dragon teeth in its crafting recipe, impossible to get (as they are only gotten through stingray fish ponds or the volcano, both locked behind ginger island)

Miretar

Planter
I don’t know what’s worse, that I wasted 5 iridium when I should have known better; or that after providing all of the materials for the boat for free that they actually have the unmitigated gall to charge 1000g for the trip.