1.6 Update Early level 10 fishing

Wasn't planning to post this one but I might as well because I'm bored. The save I did this on was meant to be just for playing around with the remix-mines exclusive weapons but I just decided to change my goal briefly to see if I can get level 10 at day 6 spring year 1 again. The seed I used is set since I wanted to play with the femur and elf blade (Seed is 213821372 with remix-mines turned on).

My strategy for this temporary goal changed a bit mainly for the first day and the fishing spot. With 1.6, clay farming has been nerfed and the pre-1.6 strategies I used to get money for day 2 do not work now (unless legacy randomization is turned on), and hence decided to find other methods to gain money at day 1. Otherwise the strategy has remained the same. Also this run was not even optimized as it wasn't even the original goal. Done without the use of bubble spots and clay farming and this was on PC.

Schedule:

Day 1: Getting money for fiberglass rod. I did this by selling forage, sap and wood. I also talked to the villagers for the Introductions quest. Also craft a chest to place at the pier.

Day 2: Read Willy's mail and go to the beach for the cutscene for bamboo pole and to complete the Introductions quest. Gift him a low g item to get 100G from the How to Win Friends quest. Get the fiberglass rod and bait as soon as possible once you reach level 2 fishing. Fish at the ocean to get level 5 fishing skill. Get fisher perk

Day 2 progress Diphylleia.png

Day 3: Guaranteed rainy day. Fish at river for catfish. Got to level 7
Day 3 progress Diphylleia.png

Day 4: Fish at the ocean again. Sell catch and get iridium rod along with 2-3 regular spinners. Get level 8 by end of the day.

Day 5: Fish at ocean until level 9. Get dressed spinners and make sure to get around 5-6 dressed spinners as Willy closes at day 6.

Day 6: Fish at ocean until level 10
Level 10 day 6 spring year 1 Diphylleia.png

General:
  1. Perfect catches and treasure chests help with fishing xp. Multiply xp by 2.4 (perfect catches) and 2.2 (treasure chests). Perfect catches means fish cannot escape the bar once. Do perfect catches for most of the time since they increase fish quality (and one of the few ways for iridium quality fish) and xp. Do treasure chests if perfect catches fail or if there is a treasure chest in the way of a perfect catch as both multipliers stack.
    • Initial quality of the fish helps with xp as well. You'll want to catch high quality fish for better xp.
  2. Sea jellies are helpful with increasing fishing level by 1 for fishing in general and energy. Keep them as you catch them they're catchable trout soup.
  3. Fishing zone matters the most and you'll want to cast far away from shore as possible. Having higher fishing level helps alot. Although fishing level helps with reaching further fishing spots, there is a spot in the ocean where you can catch iridium quality fish without a single fishing level. Reason is the tile the player stands on counts both as walkable and a fishing zone. The spot is left of the beach warp statue and above the lonely rock. Fishing at that spot helps with increasing chances for better fish quality as well as reduce time to cast to a high fishing zone.
    • Good fishing spot.png
  4. Cast left/right rather than up/down. Left and right makes you cast one tile further than up and down.
  5. Put all your stuff in the chest except for your fishing rod and some food. Need the space to put more fish in.
  6. Bubble spots help tremendously for fishing in general as they reduce bite time alot though for this save no bubble spots were used.

Last edited: