1.6 Update Earlier completion of this challenge?

Squigglyruth

Planter
I have been very happily playing my new 1.6 farm, working towards (hopefully) perfection in 2 years. That always used to be the hard limit because of learning cooking recipes.

But I just noticed the existence of the Queen of Sauce Cookbook. This teaches every unknown Queen of Sauce recipe. It can be bought after gaining 100 golden walnuts. I guess there is some luck involved in having it offered by the bookseller.

So, I wonder what the earliest likely perfection date is now? I am thinking about normal play (for myself), but it would also be interesting to hear the earliest possible using RNG manipulation. I feel like that could be crazy early...

For me, I am thinking I could have got there earlier this game. I wasted a bunch of time because there was no urgency: I didn't complete the community centre until the start of spring Y2, in order to get a friendship boost to Kent. But I could have completed it by early Fall with no RNG manipulation. So then I would have been on Ginger Island in time to get the cookery book in Y1...

I don't think I could have had the money for perfection by anywhere near that point. But how fast could I get it? I will be interested to try this out in a future play-through, and I would love to hear any tips, thoughts or strategies from everyone here.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Without using the new waivers it’s day 3 of spring year 2. You still require befriending Kent and receiving his 2 recipes, one a day. You can max friendship with him in a day with stardrop tea, movie, gift, etc. then just wait for the mail.

With the waivers, the fastest possible completion is as fast as you can make around 50 million and get to the island. The earliest I’ve been able to theorize (and the run I’m doing right now, albeit slowly) is early summer year 1 perfection.

I’ll make a post about it somewhat soon

Squigglyruth

Planter
Without using the new waivers it’s day 3 of spring year 2. You still require befriending Kent and receiving his 2 recipes, one a day. You can max friendship with him in a day with stardrop tea, movie, gift, etc. then just wait for the mail.

With the waivers, the fastest possible completion is as fast as you can make around 50 million and get to the island. The earliest I’ve been able to theorize (and the run I’m doing right now, albeit slowly) is early summer year 1 perfection.

I’ll make a post about it somewhat soon
What are the waivers?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
What are the waivers?
After you reach and interact with the perfection tracker you’ll get mail from joja telling you that you can now meet one of their representatives or smt in the mushroom cave near the island dig site.
Each waver costs 500k but counts for a percentage of perfection without actually affecting anything. Bit of an odd feature to add but 🤷‍♀️, basically allows for super easy perfection, just need some cash

Squigglyruth

Planter
After you reach and interact with the perfection tracker you’ll get mail from joja telling you that you can now meet one of their representatives or smt in the mushroom cave near the island dig site.
Each waver costs 500k but counts for a percentage of perfection without actually affecting anything. Bit of an odd feature to add but 🤷‍♀️, basically allows for super easy perfection, just need some cash
I see. How odd.
In that case, it seems possible to get Y1 perfection from a random game seed with no RNG manipulation. As you say, just maximise cash and speed to the island.
I'm slightly disappointed that I could probably get perfection at this point in my playthrough using the waivers. I'm sitting on plenty of cash.
I guess I will continue playing as though they don't exist this time. Though it seems silly to buy the obelisks and golden clock when the waivers would be much cheaper...

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I see. How odd.
In that case, it seems possible to get Y1 perfection from a random game seed with no RNG manipulation. As you say, just maximise cash and speed to the island.
I'm slightly disappointed that I could probably get perfection at this point in my playthrough using the waivers. I'm sitting on plenty of cash.
I guess I will continue playing as though they don't exist this time. Though it seems silly to buy the obelisks and golden clock when the waivers would be much cheaper...
Yeah pretty much, imo they don’t really add to the game and take away from the meaning and achievement of perfection, a fun challenge to mess with them once but kinda ruins the challenge later.

ArtifactSpot

FG you are nuts, in a very cool I’m jealous as heck kind of way, but just insanely talented. I don’t know how you do it, I’ve watched your videos and they just make my head spin. You are a Stardew Legend. 🤩

Odyssey

Tiller
Yeah pretty much, imo they don’t really add to the game and take away from the meaning and achievement of perfection, a fun challenge to mess with them once but kinda ruins the challenge later.
I'm not planning on using them myself as I agree that I'd rather just complete each challenge manually, but I do think they are good to have as an accessibility feature for people who really struggle with (or don't enjoy) particular aspects of the game but still want to experience getting perfection and the items that come with it.

ArtifactSpot

I'm not planning on using them myself as I agree that I'd rather just complete each challenge manually, but I do think they are good to have as an accessibility feature for people who really struggle with (or don't enjoy) particular aspects of the game but still want to experience getting perfection and the items that come with it.
The only items you get for all that work are golden eggs (which pigs with gathering/botanist foraging professions can make as much or more) and a giant Concerned Ape hat. That’s absolutely it unless they added something in 1.6. Mr Qi doesn’t beat you up for Joja cheats, just trying to glitch through the boulder without having boxes checked. Mr Qi makes absolutely no sense. What’s the difference between buying your way or glitching your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I agree but I dislike them being a better alternative than making money for the click or being used for absolutely everything. I think it would be cool to skip 1-2 parts of perfection but all of it really ruins the personal achievement in my eyes