Dwarf scroll 4

Miretar

Planter
I can’t seem to find scroll 4. have been through levels 71-79 on the mines so often that the skeletons & I are on a first name basis.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Reactions: Tom

nicodeux

Farmer
Skeletons are the ones that cannot give you this scroll if I remember correctly.

You should till earth in mines level 80 and more while killing monsters if you want to have an efficient farming of this scroll.

forgemar

Greenhorn
I can’t seem to find scroll 4. have been through levels 71-79 on the mines so often that the skeletons & I are on a first name basis.

Does anyone have any suggestion?
I feel your pain. I just got that stupid scroll two days ago. And I am in spring...year THREE! I finally decided I would spend all my very happy days grinding for it because it was getting ridiculous. The RNG on this was cruel to me. To add insult to injury? I found three on the same exact day. I got mine from tilling every single patch available in the mines, floors 80+ only. Best of RNG god’s luck!

Last edited:
I'd recommend the following strategy:

Drop down to floor 90, clear the massive soil area in 91, run to the end of 92 and go down, then clear the massive soil area there. If you don't find it, go back up the ladder, rinse and repeat. Might even be better to just farm 91 over and over, but either way. I think following that strategy you'll find it in short order. Best of luck!

hexnessie

Farmer
OK, my advice is a bit contrary to everyone else's so maybe I'm wrong BUT.

The scroll has a small chance to drop from ANY monster, so what I do is go kill hundreds of grubs, green slimes, coal spirits and other things that die in one hit.

You don't need to keep fighting harder monsters if they have the same chance to drop as a grub that goes splat when you look at it wrong.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Every farm I've played, I always end up with one dwarf scroll that takes me longer to find than the others and it's not always the same one. I also recommend digging around in diggable spots in the mines to help boost your chances to get the one you need. This works best if you make sure to upgrade your hoe.

Sigrah

Farmer
I'd recommend the following strategy:

Drop down to floor 90, clear the massive soil area in 91, run to the end of 92 and go down, then clear the massive soil area there. If you don't find it, go back up the ladder, rinse and repeat. Might even be better to just farm 91 over and over, but either way. I think following that strategy you'll find it in short order. Best of luck!
You can also take the elevator to level 95, clear any enemies, dig up all the dirt there, and then climb up the ladder and repeat. Good for days where the luck is bad, but you still want to try for it anyways and not deal with potentially long mining attempts to find a ladder down.

Sigrah

Farmer
OK, my advice is a bit contrary to everyone else's so maybe I'm wrong BUT.

The scroll has a small chance to drop from ANY monster, so what I do is go kill hundreds of grubs, green slimes, coal spirits and other things that die in one hit.

You don't need to keep fighting harder monsters if they have the same chance to drop as a grub that goes splat when you look at it wrong.
In that case, I'd focus on dust sprites and get those kills towards the *spoiler* Burglars Ring. After getting that item, if you still don't have the Dwarf Scroll, wearing it will help increase the drop chance a bit, and also just give you a lot more loot in general.

Miretar

Planter
Well thanks to everyone‘s advice I found scroll 4. Now I need a bunch of scroll 3’s. I am so sick of digging up cave carrots.

Well thanks to everyone‘s advice I found scroll 4. Now I need a bunch of scroll 3’s. I am so sick of digging up cave carrots.
Dwarf Scroll 3 actually can't be obtained by digging, gotta kill enemies for that one. Which enemies? Blue slimes. The list of enemies that drop it is long but everything else is .5% while Blue Slimes are 1.5%. That's a difference between an average of around 50 killed for 1 to drop vs an average of around 150.

Out of curiosity why do you need "a bunch" of 3s? Making a bunch of fish ponds with Lava Eels in them or something?

forgemar

Greenhorn
I just had to share OP...

After I posted on here about my rotten luck the very next day on my 5th or 6th Skull Cavern run ever I managed to snag an auto-petter. I was so incredibly excited. Then earlier this afternoon on my 7th run? ANOTHER auto-petter! I can’t believe it and the only thing I can attribute it to is your post her is bringing out some good luck. Perhaps you too will just be a late bloomer and have really great luck later on. Hey, it can happen!