Ducks swimming

Fonselot

Farmhand
Hi. Just a quick question.

Do ducks really swim in any body of water on any Farm map from the 1.5 update as it is stated in the wiki?

I play in the Forest farm (huge pond in the middle and 3 additional little ones) for several seasons since the update, and I have never seen my ducks swimming...

Last edited:

Cptldsilver

Planter
I've seen it happen once on the beach map. I had one duck for reference and it flew into the eastern ocean area, close to where my coop was.

Maybe you're coop is too far from the water? I have a feeling the duck will only swim if it happens to be next to the water.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I've only played on the Beach farm so far in v1.5 and while the Ducks end up in the water on the E side of the map because that's closest to my Coop, I believe I've seen them take a quick dip in the tiny internal lake E of the farmable plot, which suggests they could end up in any body of water on the Farm. I have 9 Ducks I think, so that increases the chances that one of 'em will get the urge to paddle around.

Fonselot

Farmhand
Maybe it is indeed a question of distance and number of ducks.

I just saw today a video by SharkyGames in the beach farm. He moved the greenhouse and placed a coop with 2 ducks and 2 ducklings in the little island where the greenhouse was located. In a couple of minutes all his ducks were swimming, probably because they had no space to do anything else.

I have my coop just next to my house, not so far from the main pond. I will try to move it a bit, and also get more ducks, because I only have two for now.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Fonselot

Farmhand
I pet all my animals every day.

Ok, I have built a new coop just for ducks one tile away from the pond. They just nap around the pond but never get into it... 😰

icKyou1025

Sodbuster
They allegedly move left and right more often than up and down. If you want the ducks to go in the water try putting coop to the side of the water instead of above it.

saw my one duck swimming today... it was a little freaky as I use a reskin for my ducks so it was just sort of a grey stretched blob of it's self