Ducks Should Swim more

tomaO2

Planter
What about trying one of the small watering holes? Each corner has one. You picked that because it's the largest body of water but maybe they'd do it elsewhere. Could also be that the duck wants to eat first? Maybe there is a thing that if there is no grass to eat the duck doesn't want to swim.

shimm3r

Farmhand
What about trying one of the small watering holes? Each corner has one. You picked that because it's the largest body of water but maybe they'd do it elsewhere. Could also be that the duck wants to eat first? Maybe there is a thing that if there is no grass to eat the duck doesn't want to swim.
Yeah I tried that too, did not work, I removed all the grass from the grass maybe they are busy trying to go there and even address grass inside the enclosureure but nothing

shimm3r

Farmhand
Okay, I can't stop laughing at these screenshots. This is like a children's picture book. "If You Give a Duck a Pond".

All right, all right, okay, let's brainstorm further. How happy are your ducks? Maybe they need to be a certain heart level in order to be inspired enough to do duck things. All my ducks are at maximum happiness and get up at the quack of dawn to swim. Maybe the duck behaviors are coded similarly to the truffle-hunting instinct in pigs, where the frequency/quality of the truffle hunting goes up the happier it gets.
Hahahaha I originally have 8 ducks that are max happiness and I moved out the rabbits to another coop with the chickens, so I bought 4 more to max out to 12, I pet them every morning and I waited for 3 whole days to see if anything happens but still nothing, I am going to try the beach farm if it will make a difference or my ducks just really like triggering me 😂

shimm3r

Farmhand
The saga continues lol 🤣, So I created a beach farm just to test it out, I only have 4 ducks and just got the coop for 7 days in game and I already see the ducks swimming, probably just the four corners farm layout causing the issue 🤔

Attachments

sebtob

Greenhorn
I'm playing standard map. I even rearranged my farm layout to have the coop near the pond one year ago. But i have not seen a single duck swimming yet.