PC Doesn't look like ducks like to swim on the big pond on four corners map

I'm honestly sure if I'm just not catching them in the act, but it doesn't look like the ducks are taking a swim in my map. I've given them like a week or so, even cut the grass at the border just in case that was interfering... but they just like to be at the shore. Maybe it's something exclusive of the beach farm?

rararra.png

Ereo

Helper
I have a beach farm and a forest farm, and I have seen the duck on the beach farm swim once...

Somebody said they need to be petted before they swim, but I also think they just move randomly in any direction and often don't reach the water, even if it's right next to the coop.

It would be nice if their pathing lead them to prefer the direction of water.

I'm at winter already, so a tad more than two in-game weeks later, and I'm pretty sure the ducks didn't swim at any moment, unless they waited until I was away to do it. Even repeated some days just observing them, and nothing.

shimm3r

Farmhand
Same here, I used corner farm and I even fenced them so they would go into one direction and swim but I haven't seen them swim once

EmilyTheGoat

Cowpoke
its a bit of a late reply, but im pretty sure the ducks dont pathfind onto the water if they dont need to (in this case they would rather pathfind to your grass)