Does the golden clock stop trees turning ‘wild’

VampireCake

Farmer
Unfortunately not. :defeated: I've ended up replacing my untapped maples with mystic trees and various large house plants.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Is the golden clock worth that price tag?
It's only worth it if you happen to have 10M g you don't need and either have a preferred Farm design you don't want to periodically clean from debris, or you're going for Perfection.

I bought the Golden Clock years ago on one of my saves because I had the 10M g and nothing to spend it on. This was before Perfection was part of the game so it was a "because it's there" kind of thing. I recently bought a Golden Clock on a newer save only to get Perfection. In contrast to other equally valid opinions, I find it to be by far the ugliest thing in the game so I hid it as best I could on my Farm. I hope Emily never sees it as I think she'll be appalled and have second and third thoughts about who she decided to marry.

I'm still on 1.5 so I don't know about moss or mystic trees yet. But it sounds like you don't want your oaks and maples to lose their leaves in winter? I don't think there's any way to prevent that.
If you are trying to get perfection, you will need the golden clock, but I don't think it stops trees changing with the seasons.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm still on 1.5 so I don't know about moss or mystic trees yet. But it sounds like you don't want your oaks and maples to lose their leaves in winter? I don't think there's any way to prevent that.
If you are trying to get perfection, you will need the golden clock, but I don't think it stops trees changing with the seasons.
It turns out there's a... bug? In 1.6. Maybe an intended feature that's not working right, I really can't tell at this point. But when a particular event happens, it changes the look of your Trees during the event and they change back afterwards.

That's all fine but in the Fall your Maple Trees turn back into that altered state with no leaves and look pretty ugly. Very not-Mapley. I don't keep a lot of Maples on my Farm so it doesn't bother me but the good Farm designers out there use Maples like anything else for their great designs and this Fall change kills the aesthetic. It's bad and I hope it's just a bug that gets fixed.