Docks and bridges!

Arkhalz

Newcomer
Hi! I have been playing for a while in the Riverland Farm and i thought, that making your own docks or bridges any where you want (That look WAYYYY better than the ugly and old ones) would be a really cool feature. I don't see a reason why you would decline this suggestion since many people have suggested it and loved it. It would really make my and our experience with the game better.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't see a reason why you would decline this suggestion since many people have suggested it and loved it. It would really make my and our experience with the game better.
Okay, this... sounds odd to me. I mean, just the way this part is phrased hits my brain wrong... I think it's because it sounds like a challenge. And now I'm not anyone that can "decline" any suggestion, as I'm just a person that plays the game just like you... but I kinda feel like taking that challenge.

Before I do, though, a couple things...

First, I do like the idea of being able to customize the bridges in maps that have them. I mean, in the real world you can tear down bridges and build new ones elsewhere. And being able to decide for yourself where the bridges are so to make the paths available work for you would be totally bad @$$.

Second, however... see, there have been lots of suggestions that people supported in the past just as I like this one. All those people that liked other suggestions, every single one of those people would have said exactly the same thing about believing it would improve their game experience. That's kinda what it means when you like the idea. That, sadly, is not in and of itself all the reason needed to implement something however.

Now, to take what I perceived as a challenge...

I mean, the way pretty much every map in the game works, you can't create paths of any sort. That's a functionality the game doesn't have at all. The only places where you can sort of do that, it was already coded into the game that there would be path there, and all you do is provide the payment/resources for it to be unlocked. There's no real customization for pathing in the game at all. That right there means adding a completely new functionality to the game and integrating it with everything else, hopefully without any egregious bugs. Not knowing enough about the code for the game, it is also possible that the amount of ways this new functionality would have to interact with the rest of the code, it could be something that CA says, "You know, that would be awesome, but it would be too much work to add it now," to, you know?

Anyway, like I said, I like the idea... but if it was not possible to implement, perhaps a compromise in the form of being able to move the bridges that are there? Perhaps at Robin's, like you're moving a building.