Do you run slower in the grass?

ReenaRose

Farmhand
It's something that's been bothering me for the longest time, but every time I run into large fields of grass I feel like I've slowed down, and then once I'm free from the grass, I'm running like crazy. I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me or does the game make you slow down? Realistically, it would make sense, since the grass is as tall as you because you don't know where you're stepping. But I still, I can't tell if it's actually happening or it's just me? Have you farmers notice this?

imnvs

Local Legend
Crops and grass, same thing, as Ereo said. On the dirt you're at base speed. On a path/road you move a bit quicker. On a horse you also move quicker, but don't get the path/road bonus, and you don't get the grass/crops penalty to speed also, just the horse bonus.

What's more fun about the horse, if you eat or drink something with a speed buff, that stacks with the horse buff, so you're then super duper fast.

ReenaRose

Farmhand
Crops and grass, same thing, as Ereo said. On the dirt you're at base speed. On a path/road you move a bit quicker. On a horse you also move quicker, but don't get the path/road bonus, and you don't get the grass/crops penalty to speed also, just the horse bonus.

What's more fun about the horse, if you eat or drink something with a speed buff, that stacks with the horse buff, so you're then super duper fast.
I see, it's pretty cool that your speed stacks with your horse! Normally I don't use the speed boost so I'll keep that in mind.