Do slimes "heal" themselves, inside Slime Hutch?

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I needed to kill some of my slimes, to hatch new eggs. But while swinging my weapon in that narrow space, i ended up wounding but not killing, others. Will they recover from my weapon hits, the next day(s)?

Sinmenon

Rancher
How is the configuration of your slime hutch?
I usually use fences to separate some of the slimes and also be able to go in and out without getting hurt before getting the ring. (just put a sprinkler for the water to refill)
With that, whenever I feel like killing a few slimes to thin the numbers, I use the slingshot to aim from a safe distance and "goad" the ones I want to get stuck away from the ones I want to keep. But I don't know if they heal or not.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I needed to kill some of my slimes, to hatch new eggs. But while swinging my weapon in that narrow space, i ended up wounding but not killing, others. Will they recover from my weapon hits, the next day(s)?
I don't believe they regenerate at all.

That being said, there isn't really a reason to have different types and constantly be swapping them out, they all produce the slimeballs the same. If you hit a couple slimes while killing the ones you don't want there isn't any harm really, you'll only ever have to do it once or twice anyway.

Prrsha

Cowpoke
I don't believe they regenerate at all.
That left me with a thought… it would be interesting for some monsters to do hit and run tactics on you. They could run a certain distance away then use “healing” magic on themselves (unless interrupted by a missile or melee hit).

More complex AI could heal other monsters and perhaps some random creatures in the game could heal your own stamina or HP.

Maybe that would be too much work to implement in already heavily coded game like Stardew Valley but maybe it could be a feature in Haunted Chocolatier?

HaleyRocks

Farmer
That left me with a thought… it would be interesting for some monsters to do hit and run tactics on you. They could run a certain distance away then use “healing” magic on themselves (unless interrupted by a missile or melee hit).

More complex AI could heal other monsters and perhaps some random creatures in the game could heal your own stamina or HP.

Maybe that would be too much work to implement in already heavily coded game like Stardew Valley but maybe it could be a feature in Haunted Chocolatier?
There is a "Brute" variation (the black shadowy creatures near the bottom of the mines, that resemble Krobus a little bit), which can heal other monsters, as well as give debuffs to the player! The shamans that wear a mask!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Yeah totally, there are entire bosses in that game, it's far more combat focused, I could totally imagine that