Dish of the Day RNG

I am trying to get a seed with Spicy Eel as the dish of the day on day 2. I have heard that it is based on steps taken but I'm not sure if that's the case since another seed I know always has the same dish of the day no matter how many steps I take (on day 1 in case that changes anything). Of course, if you already know of a seed that fulfills that requirement or of a more time efficient way of finding out the dish of the day than skipping to day 2, going in front of the saloon, checking the trash can and waiting until 12 to check it let me know, it would save me from a lot of hassle.

Elenna101

Farmer
Dish of the day is indeed based on steps taken (as well as seed and day).
Specifically, it (and every step-based thing) is set at the start of the day, so it's based on the total number of steps taken on all previous days, i.e. the number of steps at the start of the day. The number of steps at the start of day 1 is zero, because you haven't started playing yet, hence why you're finding it's always the same on day 1.

Here's a spreadsheet that can help with picking the right number of steps. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xIqxwj1M6QFK1ZjRmfe3GUhowtIccen4Tpd1lRlkryA/edit#gid=0
(Note: this spreadsheet is view-only, you have to make a copy in order to change things)

Dish of the day is indeed based on steps taken (as well as seed and day).
Specifically, it (and every step-based thing) is set at the start of the day, so it's based on the total number of steps taken on all previous days, i.e. the number of steps at the start of the day. The number of steps at the start of day 1 is zero, because you haven't started playing yet, hence why you're finding it's always the same on day 1.

Here's a spreadsheet that can help with picking the right number of steps. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xIqxwj1M6QFK1ZjRmfe3GUhowtIccen4Tpd1lRlkryA/edit#gid=0
(Note: this spreadsheet is view-only, you have to make a copy in order to change things)
85k total steps doesn't seem possible on day 1 to me

That's just an example, you have to change the steps taken in C25 to the number you have at the start of day 1 (i.e. 0), then column I tells you how many additional steps to take on day 1 so as to get what you want on day 2
I have worked it out and found out that I need to only do 47 (98 also works but Gus will only sell 2 instead of 4 Spicy Eels, if I can't do only 47 steps I'll try with 98) steps on day 1, how am I gonna do that. I need to take a lot more to get the things I need done done. Is there a way to not take a step but still move?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Why don't you take note of how many steps a trial day one uses, and then look for a number slightly above that to get what you want?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I have worked it out and found out that I need to only do 47 (98 also works but Gus will only sell 2 instead of 4 Spicy Eels, if I can't do only 47 steps I'll try with 98) steps on day 1, how am I gonna do that. I need to take a lot more to get the things I need done done. Is there a way to not take a step but still move?
Yeah you can animation cancel steps but it’s quite tedious, needed for step manip though

VampireCake

Rancher
Yeah you can animation cancel steps but it’s quite tedious, needed for step manip though
I love the odd tech people come up with for stuff like this to manipulate the game in unintended ways. A guy I follow on youtube recently tried to beat RE2 without taking any steps - drawing your weapon then putting it away shuffles your character position very slightly. It's a rather long playthrough. :laugh:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm assuming you'd need to animation cancel before the tool connects. I already have a script but I have very minimal coding knowledge and don't know how to make it execute the cancel quicker, do you have a script with a fast cancel?
I manually cancel, timed scripts are more annoying than they are worth in my opinion though if you really want to use it you should just edit your current one.

When you go to edit it there should be a few “sleep” functions with numbers after them, just edit the number smaller and experiment if it works. I would change to manual ac though

I manually cancel, timed scripts are more annoying than they are worth in my opinion though if you really want to use it you should just edit your current one.

When you go to edit it there should be a few “sleep” functions with numbers after them, just edit the number smaller and experiment if it works. I would change to manual ac though
Stardew Valley 1.5.4 Attack Canceling Script - Σημειωματάριο 16_9_2023 2_08_07 μμ (2).png

What would I have to change here to make it manual? (this is the script I use)