Disabilities

beachmouse

Farmhand
Is there a way that I can go into my windows 10 files in order to no longer need keyboard commands (just the mouse) to move about and work in game? Like I did previously on my Chromebook? I recently scrimped on my social security and purchased an Amazon refurbished gaming PC just for Stardew valley. Youth adapts to changes but changes in old age like essential tremors + too many more health issues don't adapt. Several hours on the real clock take over a full day on the game if I'm lucky (and then I have to get my mouse from my dog and nap).
Oi! Tough luck for me?

Lew Zealand

Helper
How did you convert the keyboard commands to use only mouse on the Chromebook? I'm not sure I understand how you controlled all the various things in game with the mouse but if you could do it on a Chromebook, I would think we could make similar changes in Windows.

Ereo

Helper
How did you convert the keyboard commands to use only mouse on the Chromebook? I'm not sure I understand how you controlled all the various things in game with the mouse but if you could do it on a Chromebook, I would think we could make similar changes in Windows.
did you use Android on the Chromebook? Unless you installed it via Linux, I think the default for chromebooks is the mobile version, and I could imagine that the tap to move feature would work well with only the mouse. Unfortunately the Windows version does not have that feature.

but Windows has the ability to mod, and there are some accessibility mods, so one of them might include this kind of feature?

beachmouse

Farmhand
I'm not sure about either response. Unfortunately, with the change, I can't go back to look. I did however research to change the speed of my mouse (which has helped some). I don't understand about the mobile either but I will research further from that angle.

Ereo

Helper
I'm not sure about either response. Unfortunately, with the change, I can't go back to look. I did however research to change the speed of my mouse (which has helped some). I don't understand about the mobile either but I will research further from that angle.
do you remember where you got the game on Chromebook? If it was steam or gog, it was the same as the version you have now. If it was a Google store, it was the same version you get for mobile devices. Did you have to buy it again for your computer?

Here’s a guide to get you started on modding: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Getting_Started