Decorative idea

Odin

Staff member
This would be a great addition! @LRangerR I'm assuming they're referring the ones that you can find on farm maps now, they're especially common on the forest farm map.

LRangerR

Local Legend
This would be a great addition! @LRangerR I'm assuming they're referring the ones that you can find on farm maps now, they're especially common on the forest farm map.
I'm just clarifying since there are many kinds of bushes: fiber bushes, blackberry bushes, salmonberry, non-fruit decorative booshez. It'd be cool if we could grow those bushes as well. Spending income to decorate without a prospect of monetary return is an interesting concept that I don't think Stardew really explores very much when it comes to plants.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Ah, very true! Being able to grow berry bushes would be a nice feature, even just to have more variety in decoration.
I personally feel that growing berry bushes would require some balancing for early game, but end-game it'd just be mostly decorative as berries aren't critically lucrative.

If you could plant them anywhere though, including on tiles that normally aren't farmable, that could be a thing.

Odin

Staff member
I personally feel that growing berry bushes would require some balancing for early game,
Definitely, it could potentially be added as a later game item like the new [late game 1.5 spoiler] mushroom tree seeds.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Definitely, it could potentially be added as a later game item like the new mushroom tree seeds.
I immediately regret clicking that spoiler. xD

I've only ever had one spawn on my farm and i harvested it like an idiot. Have never had one again.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Oh sorry! I've tried to make it bit more clear now.
Nonono, it's my fault for clicking on the spoiler xD You said new, I assumed it was 1.5, i've just always wanted a mushroom forest ever since i realized they existed, and would have been super stoked when i saw the seeds.