Customize Your Horse!

I have a gut feeling this is going to be coming eventually but I just wanted to throw in my idea for the heck of it.

Since I first got my horse, I was a bit upset we got the horse as is and that was that.

My idea is we can customize our horse when we buy the stable at Robin's shop.

Want your horse to be solid purple with a pink mane? Want your horse to look like a blue zebra with green stripes? Want it to be red with orange spots? Do what you want!

If you want to change your horse's look again, go to the Wizard's basement to use the shrine that allows the player to change their own look.

My idea is we will have a option to choose what pattern our horse has, the color of their body, the color of their mane and the color of their pattern if the horse has one.

Pattern Options: No Pattern (Horse has one solid color), Zebra Stripes, Large Spots, Messy Splotches, Poke-a-dots.

Mane Color: Color slider to change the color of the horse's mane.

Body Color: Color slider to change the main color of the body

Pattern Color: Color slider to change the color of the horse's pattern. If you choose No Pattern, this color bar will not be present.

I'd love to make my horse solid black with a fiery red mane to ride around while wearing a pumpkin mask to cosplay as the headless horseman.

Last edited:
As a horse lover, I think only *checks coat colors* chestnut being available is very restricting. If this does get changed, don't forget blue roan!

Veracious

Tiller
I love this idea, I'd also like to change the saddle colour and hooves would be cool,

Like the black horse red mane idea but red hooves also that would be awesome.

And btw I never tried to hat my horse I didnt know this till now so trying this today.

Imperfect

Greenhorn
I would love if this was a thing, I was pretty disappointed when I was that the only color for a horse was brown.

Sinmenon

Planter
You can have more horses with adopt'n skin and the easiest way to customize them, to my knowledge, is either the old Content Patcher + a horse that strikes your fancy or use Alternative Textures and download packs like Elle's or SerialDollface's. They have some pretty cool horses.

Isa730

Rancher
I like this idea a lot! Honestly wish there were more customizability options in the game overall. For example, being able to make your wallpaper a solid color of your choice, being able to have more vibrant options for the exterior of farmhouses/sheds. A lot of color stuff that I think can be done better, basically!