Solved Custom Music not playing

astatine210

Rancher
I am not sure when this started, but at least a month ago, i noticed that the main theme of SV would play anytime there was a SVE cut scene. Previously i wasn't too bothered by it, but I'm not at a point where there are literally 3 different locations with unique music that is supposed to be playing (Enchanted Grove to Crimson Badlands) and it literally plays the same thing at each place! I've tried uninstalling, removing then re-adding the SMAPI, SVE the other mods to see if maybe that was the issue, but every time i try the scene again, it's the same situation.

For reference here is the log (it says to update some mods for more food/recipes, but i did it since this log was taken): https://smapi.io/log/eb023b54aded4e97898267fac0bbd6a5

Edited to Add:
Platform: MacOS
Version: Steam latest update; latest SMAPI 3.13.4

In the log, i did a search and found that certain mods were not loading properly, though how to fix it is beyond me:
East Scarpe Custom critters: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
East Scarpe Objects: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
East Scarpe Shops: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Forage Settings East Scarpe: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Jacob & Eloise: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
New Objects for Stardew Valley Expanded: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - Custom Companions: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - Custom Music: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - Farm Type Manager: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - JSON Assets: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - Mail Framework Mod: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - Quest Framework: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Ridgeside Village - Shop Tile Framework: The value '-1' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Stardew Valley Expanded: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Stardew Valley Expanded: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Stardew Valley Expanded - PyTK: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Stardew Valley Expanded Custom Music: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.
Stardew Valley Expanded Forage Locations: The value '???' isn't a valid Nexus mod ID, must be an integer ID.

I'm pretty new to the whole mod version of SV, so I really would really appreciate the help!

Dragonheardt

Planter
Heya.

Maybe try going into the config of custom music to make sure the correct custom songs are chosen for those instances. If you have Generic Mod Config Menu, it makes the selections very easy. If you're hearing title music a lot, it is possible that the Title Theme is selected for multiple areas and events in the custom music mod.

Otherwise I'm not too sure about the music issue since I don't see anything related at first glance on your log, but there are two other issues that might need attention.

Two mods aren't working because you don't have Bug Net or Multi Yield Crops installed.

21:07:11ERRORSMAPI Skipped mods
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI --------------------------------------------------
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI These mods could not be added to your game.
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI - [MYC] Fresh Meat 3.0.3 because it requires mods which aren't installed (Cherry.MultiYieldCrops).
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI - [PFM] Fresh Meat for BugNet 3.0.1 because it requires mods which aren't installed (spacechase0.BugNet).

You can find those mods here:

Try downloading those, booting up the game and if issues still persist, post another log.

Tobiscuit

Newcomer
Hey there,

I've had the same issue, also running on MacOs and SMAPI 3.13.4...
The occasional intro music was tolerable for most of the game, but it gets pretty bad when you get the the Crimson Badlands...

I have the Generic Mod Config and each SVE area has its correct custom music selected, yet to no avail.

What's interesting is that when I enter one of the SVE areas with custom music (e.g. the Nexus or Camilla's tower) the first 1 second of the correct custom music plays only to quickly switch to the intro theme.

Here's my most recent log: https://smapi.io/log/5727a2da42da4b5e999f9f6e851c4ab4

Anyone have any ideas? I'm also green to modding so any help is appreciated :)

TildenJack

Tiller
Why are you running such an old version of SVE? The most recent one doesn't even use Custom Music anymore, since that mod is no longer being maintained. So I'd try updating SVE and its new dependencies to see if that solves the issue.

astatine210

Rancher
Heya.

Maybe try going into the config of custom music to make sure the correct custom songs are chosen for those instances. If you have Generic Mod Config Menu, it makes the selections very easy. If you're hearing title music a lot, it is possible that the Title Theme is selected for multiple areas and events in the custom music mod.

Otherwise I'm not too sure about the music issue since I don't see anything related at first glance on your log, but there are two other issues that might need attention.

Two mods aren't working because you don't have Bug Net or Multi Yield Crops installed.

21:07:11ERRORSMAPI Skipped mods
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI --------------------------------------------------
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI These mods could not be added to your game.
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI - [MYC] Fresh Meat 3.0.3 because it requires mods which aren't installed (Cherry.MultiYieldCrops).
21:07:11ERRORSMAPI - [PFM] Fresh Meat for BugNet 3.0.1 because it requires mods which aren't installed (spacechase0.BugNet).

You can find those mods here:

Try downloading those, booting up the game and if issues still persist, post another log.
Hi thanks for your response! The issue with the music resolved itself once I updated my SVE and Ridgeside files to the latest version.

also, i had already fixed the issues with the Multi Yield Crops and Bug Net (I have a tendency to take a look at the terminal and review any flagrant errors as the game is uploading, so i saw these and resolved those, but didn't bother sharing a new error log since these were unrelated to the music issue) :)