Beach Farm Cryptic Farms

Ahoy! I plan on eventually editing this and doing a proper showcase of my lategame farm as it stands, maybe I'll put something up on the weekend. For now I just wanted to celebrate the completion of my Aquarium!

Aquarium.png

Every fish in the game except the Ginger Island Fish is in here. The Ginger Island Fish are in my main farmhouse. All fish are Iridium Quality (other than those crab pot fish which aren't available in higher qualities than baseline). They're separated out by biome, so the fish which are one offs and only appear in one spot (like the Ice Pip or Lava Eel) are in standalone tanks, as is the Octopus because c'mon, they deserve it (considering my name and all). Lake only fish in bottom right, Night Market fish bottom left, Lake and River fish in the 2nd up on the left and 3rd up on the right, River only on the 4th up on the left and 5th up on the right. Legendary fish (and their counterparts) in the back. Ocean fish in the rest. It looks better in game than it does in a screenshot since the screenshot doesn't capture the movement, but overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wow that is a very impressive and organized collection!

I suppose if one were to approach the outer rings of insanity, one could also arrange the tanks from bottom to top with the species contained therein in a sessile to benthic to pelagic sequence.

Nobody's that crazy. Couldn't happen.

But I WANNA!

Wow this is beautiful

Q: What is the pink lettuce thing used as decor in some tanks, like with the octopus? The not-coral pink thing, I mean.
Thanks all!

It's actually still Coral; when you put it in it gains a randomized appearance. The Blue Grey looking thing with the woodskip, the tighter appearance with the Ice Pip or the Lettuce look like with the Octopus, the Whitish look like with the Lava Eel or Slimejack, or the "standard" look. What's interesting too is that whatever the next one is, it is. Removing it and putting it back in, you get the same appearance. I haven't dug fully into what factors are at play to determine the appearance and how they could be manipulated, since I was fine with what I got. I really got lucky since the Slimejack, Ghostfish, and Lava Eel got the "dead" looking one and it's super appropriate for them. However I strongly suspect you could manipulate them to the desired appearance if needed (something like remove 3, move the tanks around, put them back in with a different order?)

Ok! Here's my farm as it sits:
Farm.png

It's very much a work in progress, I'm nearing the end of Winter Year 3, and should hit Perfection on the day of the Flower Dance (curse you Tub o' Flowers!), I'm currently getting some coops up in preparation for that. The forest in the south has largely outlived its usefulness, once I hit a full stack of each for Oak Resin and Pine Tar I'll probably chop it all down and replace it with something else, not sure what yet. More coops? A Slime Hutch? Something else?

Insides and Basement:
Farmhouse.png
Basement.png

Krobus' room is on top. I like to keep my stuff close to the door, for obvious reasons. Occasionally I'll move around that Squirrel statue, just to make Krobus wonder if it's alive or not. The basement has Jade on the left and bottom, Rubies on the right and top, and Diamonds in the middle. I do have more Crystalariums in the Tunnel.
bus stop.pngTunnel 2.png

All of my sheds but one are just Kegs at the moment, the one next to my house doubles as a "room of requirement" and has a ton of machines stored as well in case I ever need to mass process something. The last shed though contains the aquarium, and I did go ahead and make a youtube channel so I could include it in video form.

Anyway that's the full farm tour! I hope you like it, it's certainly not an ode to efficiency as this is my chill lategame save, but it does the job and lets me explore the content I want to explore.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thanks all!

It's actually still Coral; when you put it in it gains a randomized appearance. The Blue Grey looking thing with the woodskip, the tighter appearance with the Ice Pip or the Lettuce look like with the Octopus, the Whitish look like with the Lava Eel or Slimejack, or the "standard" look. What's interesting too is that whatever the next one is, it is. Removing it and putting it back in, you get the same appearance. I haven't dug fully into what factors are at play to determine the appearance and how they could be manipulated, since I was fine with what I got. I really got lucky since the Slimejack, Ghostfish, and Lava Eel got the "dead" looking one and it's super appropriate for them. However I strongly suspect you could manipulate them to the desired appearance if needed (something like remove 3, move the tanks around, put them back in with a different order?)
This is actually not dependant on the fish, you can just pick the tank up and place it back for a different color/apperance, the fact that you cannot is weird or a bug but you may want to try removing the coral from the tank, picking and placing the tank, and then replacing the coral.
You also have a normal quality cockle in one of the tanks, so close to full iridium possible which I very much commend you for, but not yet...

Last edited:
This is actually not dependant on the fish, you can just pick the tank up and place it back for a different color/apperance, the fact that you cannot is weird or a bug but you may want to try removing the coral from the tank, picking and placing the tank, and then replacing the coral.
You also have a normal quality cockle in one of the tanks, so close to full iridium possible which I very much commend you for, but not yet...
Good info! Indeed I verified, the coral appearance appears to be set and fixed upon placement. So you could for example remove coral from All the tanks, put it back in with an entirely different order, and it would be the same appearance in each tank as what it was before you started. However if you pick up and put down a tank, even without touching the contents whatsoever, the Coral (and other decorations) appearance will be re-randomized. This does mean you can't "custom craft" a specific rock layout with a specific coral appearance but you can just pick up and put down a tank over and over until you have a result you're satisfied with.

As far as the Cockle, good eye! I've found it, but apparently don't have any Iridium Cockles on hand. That will soon be rectified!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Good info! Indeed I verified, the coral appearance appears to be set and fixed upon placement. So you could for example remove coral from All the tanks, put it back in with an entirely different order, and it would be the same appearance in each tank as what it was before you started. However if you pick up and put down a tank, even without touching the contents whatsoever, the Coral (and other decorations) appearance will be re-randomized. This does mean you can't "custom craft" a specific rock layout with a specific coral appearance but you can just pick up and put down a tank over and over until you have a result you're satisfied with.

As far as the Cockle, good eye! I've found it, but apparently don't have any Iridium Cockles on hand. That will soon be rectified!
Yeah, I know that the coral is randomized on placement but there are some random minor bugs that go around every once in a while and it never hurts to "break the news" to someone who just wrote 2-3 paragraphs on the internet about their proof with a little bit of niceties.
This is a joke of course, good luck on your cockle expeditions and from a fellow on aspiring perfectionist, good luck on that too!