Cross-save (not cross-play)

wicker_bear

Greenhorn
I understand that cross-play is in the interested/unlikely section of the 'Please Read' Common Game Suggestions, however I would love for there to be a way to synchronize my PC save to my Switch. Hopefully this falls under the cross-play category, but I believe that many people would love the ability to play the same save across all devices.

kijo

Greenhorn
I definitely like this idea, except, kinda wish I could play my saves from PC to my iPad. Would LOVE this game EVEN MORE!

Ereo

Helper
I definitely like this idea, except, kinda wish I could play my saves from PC to my iPad. Would LOVE this game EVEN MORE!
Once the update is through for mobile, this one already works. At the moment, a file opened on PC has new content that mobile can't read.

As long as you have access to save file (so mobile and PC), you can copy the file over to another device. The only annoyance is you have to do it manually each time.

pedromatai

Greenhorn
This is the only feature I really wish was implemented in the game.

The game is already in such an advanced stage of development that it could already be finished with a golden key with this resource.

I bought the game for PC, Android, PS4 and Switch (to support the developer), but I only play on PS4 because that's where my farm is most advanced.

It would be great to be able to use my PS4 save to continue playing on my phone or switch when I'm away from home.

As a programmer I can say that putting a cross-save system is relatively easy. The biggest problem would be the costs to maintain a cloud server keeping the saves online. (It is also possible to avoid these costs using personal clouds such as dropbox or google drive, through an API integrated into the game).

Anyway, I hope that one day the game will receive this update.

eirennos

Greenhorn
I don't think this is a possibility right now with the game still getting updates. Any update period will break the cross save feature. Gamers will be even more angry about features being broken than not having it in the first place. We all know that PC gets updated first and rest of the console and mobile versions comes after that. Maybe this could the last feature added for the final version of Stardew Valley.

Even if the cross save works how will game settings be handled? I zoom out all the way on my PC while on the Switch I zoom out little bit from the default settings. That's due to PC screen being right in front of me and Switch settings factoring in smaller portable screen and docked TV that's more than 6 feet from my couch.

Tincho

Greenhorn
I really believe this would be a good idea... simpler games like idle slayer and other's have it aswell. i dont like the situation of having to mess around with files from my mobile to my pc everytime i want to port my saves...

Godkin

Planter
In the darkness of time gone by, etched memories where playing together on multiple consoles felt impossible - However, PC, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, and Xbox players are now involved in a secret meeting.

However, does Stardew Valley hold any secrets of cross-platform play? The answer is hidden in the dark.

There's only one exception - Mac and PC players are stuck in the same stream, but that's the only way (although calling it cross-platform presents a mystery that's hard to unravel).

Divine power flows in my veins, I am the chosen godkin who inherited the power of the gods, the "SEPUH" who reigns in the realm of Stardew Valley ( ̄⊿ ̄)╭