Crops that keep producing

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Like hops and corn. If you use any of the "Speed Gro" items in the tilled soil before planting them, will that affect harvesting too? As in, produce faster than the expected time? Or it only affects the crop's growth to full size?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
As Ereo said, only the initial growth is affected in any capacity. After it produces once it’ll resume its usual intervals. For example an ancient fruit with deluxe speedgro will grow basically a week faster than usual but after that all growth will be the standard 1 week intervals.

The speedgro stays around once the crop grows too.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
And this is the problem with using speed-gro on crops that continue to produce. If you want to use any other sort of fertilizer, after they're done growing and you get the first harvest... you're blocked.
Yep, though if you are utilizing mass amounts of fertilizer (speedgro especially) usually you are processing most of your crops. I always do wish there was a little more variability and ability to play around with the fertilizers though. Or a more expansive skill tree to play around with.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yep, though if you are utilizing mass amounts of fertilizer (speedgro especially) usually you are processing most of your crops. I always do wish there was a little more variability and ability to play around with the fertilizers though. Or a more expansive skill tree to play around with.
True. I don't sell unprocessed goods except for the in-game achievements.