Issue Crops Produce Error Items

CatMannWhy

Newcomer
Hello!

I play using Floral Megamix by Timmeep on Windows 1.6. Most of the mod works great, but a few of the crops produce error items only, that being the gem crops. It doesn't produce a SMAPI error, but I really want to produce the gems. I've triple checked and no other mod has these crops, so it's not that too many mods produce the same item. The creator is also pretty confident that an update to the mod isn't necessary for 1.6. I've included the mod folder below, and would really appreciate any advice on how to fix this.

Attachments

Donnie24

Farmhand
Hmm, this mod uses Json Assets, so this could cause the errors. It should be updated for 1.6 using CP instead of JA for adding the crops and objects.
One issue with JA is for example that the gift tastes you add to custom objects are not working.

CatMannWhy

Newcomer
Hmm, this mod uses Json Assets, so this could cause the errors. It should be updated for 1.6 using CP instead of JA for adding the crops and objects.
One issue with JA is for example that the gift tastes you add to custom objects are not working.
That makes sense! I'm not too sure how to convert from JA to CP, though, so I'll see if I can ask the creator.

Donnie24

Farmhand
I know how to convert it, but there are a lot of crops and objects in this mod and it will be a lot of work.
And this mod has no open permissions for modification and using the assets, so the best way will be to ask the mod author to do it.

Dyanosis

Tiller
I know how to convert it, but there are a lot of crops and objects in this mod and it will be a lot of work.
And this mod has no open permissions for modification and using the assets, so the best way will be to ask the mod author to do it.
There is a utility that will convert all the JA to CP for you. Just follow the instructions on how to use it. I, too, made a converter but it's really no different than what this guy did.

Last edited:

Donnie24

Farmhand
There is a utility to that will convert all the JA to CP for you. Just follow the instructions on how to use it. I, too, made a converter but it's really no different than what this guy did.
Yes, I know this utility, but I ever used Python before and there is no tutorial how to use it for beginners. And even with a tutorial it's sometimes hard because english is not my first language.
It would be great if you could explain me how to use it or your converter. I would really appreciate that because at the moment I convert old JA mods without any help.

Dyanosis

Tiller
Yes, I know this utility, but I ever used Python before and there is no tutorial how to use it for beginners. And even with a tutorial it's sometimes hard because english is not my first language.
It would be great if you could explain me how to use it or your converter. I would really appreciate that because at the moment I convert old JA mods without any help.
There are plenty of tutorials for beginners on how to start using python. The main thing about Python (just like with Java and other coding languages) is having the right version installed. For that utility that I linked, you'll need at least Python 3.12 installed on your computer. There are plenty of YouTube videos about how to do that. Then you download the file you need from that github link and follow the github instructions about what to type into your command prompt.

That's the problem with many utilities for SDV - most of them are written in Python because it's fast, easy, and portable (aka can run anywhere that Python is installed). No need for a UI or anything complicated. I think I've seen a website that can do it. There's also a mod that will direct you to the right tool and allow you to use it.