crops in the winter or buy another greenhouse?

vrrtigoflwrrs

Greenhorn
I find myself getting tired or bored of mining and fishing during the winter season. Maybe some carrots, turnips, swiss chard, beets (they're available in the game as a fall crop but they're also a winter crop), green cabbage, broccoli, maybe spinach. If not maybe expand the greenhouse or get another one? Like, If you complete the crops bundle you can unlock the option to build another greenhouse from Robin maybe?

tommybob

Planter
I personally think the greenhouse is one of the strongest parts of the farm and getting another one would be pretty overpowered. I do think there needs to be some more winter only activities to do, especially in the end game times. Winter Y1/2 is great for levelling mining and combat but after that I generally just sleep quick.

I think in winter, having some more events to build friendships would be cool, I need some incentive to do that.

Sounny

Rancher
Maybe in winters, if you're great friends with Robin, there can be a heart event to choose something for her to build:

Automatic ceiling sprinklers in greenhouse.

A change to your cellar

Matince to the spa
Ect...
You have to do fetch quests. The game will scan your itmes for things you do/don't have. You will spend the whole month doing things to get Robin what she needs or no upgrade. She will not do the project if you don't complete a list in time.
Every winter you can pick a new project.Sure, eventually you'll run out of projects but it will keep you busy for awhile.

Ellajoy

Rancher
i think having to maintain crops in the winter is a bit much IMO, even though i like the idea of more crops in general. maybe there is a specific type of gathering/foraging that's only available in winter, or a type of mini-game. as for how specific, i have no idea
how about a winter foraging event? Linus, Elliott and leah would participate. there would be no time limit but the longer you forage the longer they forage and the prize wolud be 1,000g and you always get to keep the stuff. But the more time you take the more you need to get to win!
And by the way I pass out in winter more than any other season.

Last edited:

Boo1972

Farmer
I guess I’m envisioning spirit trees acting more like fruit tree, where they require very little maintenance. But if it wasn’t for winter I might never go to the mines. But an foraging event or crafting event ( help Evelyn with decorations or Gus with the feast) would be fun. As long as it was low stress.

Odin

Staff member
I always like to use winter as a break from growing crops, between that and the fact that animals stay indoors, it's a great time to re-arrange your farm. And you can always sleep through some of winter if you don't have as much you want to do :)

callmeglaiza

Farmhand
I always like to use winter as a break from growing crops, between that and the fact that animals stay indoors, it's a great time to re-arrange your farm. And you can always sleep through some of winter if you don't have as much you want to do :)
Granted I've only been playing for a little while, winter is my time to rearrange my farm however I want and it's a nice little time to do that haha

The420dwarf

Greenhorn
I find myself getting tired or bored of mining and fishing during the winter season. Maybe some carrots, turnips, swiss chard, beets (they're available in the game as a fall crop but they're also a winter crop), green cabbage, broccoli, maybe spinach. If not maybe expand the greenhouse or get another one? Like, If you complete the crops bundle you can unlock the option to build another greenhouse from Robin maybe?
I've been using sheds and the inside of my house to grow rare seeds in the off season. The growing containers can grow everything except the ancient seeds. U just have to manually water these. With the upgraded watering can it will be short work.

Instead of building a new greenhouse, consider paying Robin to expand it. Basically like barns, coops, and such, there could be an option to upgrade it once or twice with a few more rows of tillable/plantable tiles. Beyond that I feel it would be a bit unnecessary (opinion).

Ellajoy

Rancher
Instead of building a new greenhouse, consider paying Robin to expand it. Basically like barns, coops, and such, there could be an option to upgrade it once or twice with a few more rows of tillable/plantable tiles. Beyond that I feel it would be a bit unnecessary (opinion).
maybe the green house upgrade will come with 10 slots for trees