Creepy Dialogue Options

Yeah, I'm referring to that creepy dialogue option that the player gets with Leah during her 2-heart event where the player can ask for a kiss in a creepy way -- an option that would predictably p*ss her off if chosen. I can only wonder what ConcernedApe's inspiration was for adding that option with Leah. The only thing I can think about for that is that scene from the movie "Ghost" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore where Molly is making pottery.

Also, how come Leah is the only character that the player gets a "creepy dialogue" choice for?

I wonder what creepy dialogue options for the 2-heart events of the other bachelorettes might look like -- not so much for the bachelors as I could see every one of them except Sebastian and maybe Shane welcoming such "creepy" behavior from female characters.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yeah, I'm referring to that creepy dialogue option that the player gets with Leah during her 2-heart event where the player can ask for a kiss in a creepy way -- an option that would predictably p*ss her off if chosen. I can only wonder what ConcernedApe's inspiration was for adding that option with Leah. The only thing I can think about for that is that scene from the movie "Ghost" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore where Molly is making pottery.

Also, how come Leah is the only character that the player gets a "creepy dialogue" choice for?

I wonder what creepy dialogue options for the 2-heart events of the other bachelorettes might look like -- not so much for the bachelors as I could see every one of them except Sebastian and maybe Shane welcoming such "creepy" behavior from female characters.
This is a really good observation and I've wondered about this during Leah's 2 :heart: event but just never followed up to see if anything similar happens with other Villagers. You can say things that utterly disappoint other people (Penny specifically), but not go all-out creepy on them. Frankly, Haley's 10 :heart: event could go the same way except you have 10 :heart: with her already so it's not creepy anymore? I actually didn't go that route during that event and got rather disappointed dialog from Haley as a result of it. I guess I'm thick-headed that way.

And that choice in Leah's event precludes another event from happening so it's a real penalty. The consequences were thought through so CA had some intent in mind. But why only Leah?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I just remembered another creepy dialog, looking it up in the Wiki...

Edit: Penny's 10 :heart: event, you have the dialog choice of: "You wanted to see me in my bathing suit." which is clearly the creepiest of the options though saying it doesn't have any effects of subsequent dialog or events, like Leah's does.

This is a really good observation and I've wondered about this during Leah's 2 :heart: event but just never followed up to see if anything similar happens with other Villagers. You can say things that utterly disappoint other people (Penny specifically), but not go all-out creepy on them. Frankly, Haley's 10 :heart: event could go the same way except you have 10 :heart: with her already so it's not creepy anymore? I actually didn't go that route during that event and got rather disappointed dialog from Haley as a result of it. I guess I'm thick-headed that way.

And that choice in Leah's event precludes another event from happening so it's a real penalty. The consequences were thought through so CA had some intent in mind. But why only Leah?
In my current save, I actually did a "10 Hearts with everybody" challenge where I would also see both Group 10:heart: events. I didn't choose the (somewhat) "creepy" option with Haley either in her 10:heart: event, but chose to be a helpful gentleman instead - probably the same option you chose.

As for Leah's 2:heart: creepy dialog option, it does make sense that there needed to be an option that doesn't really help Leah and has consequences like it does. However, I guess I was wondering more along the lines of what inspired CA to go about this choice that way as opposed to something like the farmer just telling her something like "This s*cks" or otherwise bad-mouthing her art and attempting to discourage her.

After thinking about this, I am now curious as to how Leah's 10:heart: event would play out if the player had chosen the "creepy" option in her 2:heart: event,