Crafter achievement stuck at 98%, help!

saltySupport

Greenhorn
Hello folks!

My friend is having the issue that she's stuck on 98% of the crafter achievement, of having crafted everything. She is missing just one item, and our guess is that it's the wedding ring.
She built a cabin once in her singleplayer safefile, and deleted it afterwards. Does that make her singleplayer safefile a multiplayer one now, and thus does she need to craft the wedding ring?

If so, she is married to Leah at the moment and cannot buy the wedding ring recipe from the traveling merchant. Would she have to divorce Leah in order to get the wedding ring recipe?
She's not using mods either in her stardew valley file!

Thanks in advance!

Boo1972

Farmer
I think the first thing people will ask for is a screenshot of her crafting tab. It’s possible we’ll catch something. Also, what platform does she play on? She can check her save file for the missed item online if she’s playing on PC or iOS I think. I’ve never done it but hopefully @imnvs or at @Elenna101 will respond to your post to give you the details

On my main PC farm I built a cabin and did not have to make the wedding ring. I’d run around to all the merchants to double check that all the crafting recipes have been purchased. Does she have all the rarecrows? That was the one that tripped me up.

saltySupport

Greenhorn
Also, what platform does she play on? She can check her save file for the missed item online if she’s playing on PC or iOS I think.
She plays on PC. She also has all the rarecrows available & the special crafting crow too. She told me she isn't home at the moment, but she'll pass me some screenshots of her file & crafting once she is!

Ereo

Helper
If she's on PC, tell her to go on the Stardew valley check up and load up her save file. It will tell her exactly what she's missing.

imnvs

Local Legend
She plays on PC. She also has all the rarecrows available & the special crafting crow too. She told me she isn't home at the moment, but she'll pass me some screenshots of her file & crafting once she is!
If she's on PC, tell her to go on the Stardew valley check up and load up her save file. It will tell her exactly what she's missing.
The checkup mentioned by Ereo is found here: https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-checkup/

If you're playing on PC this is the easiest way to figure out what's missing when it comes to crafting. The section related to that will tell you exactly which crafting recipes you have but have not crafted, and which recipes have not been learned yet.

Typically, we'd only ask for screenshots of crafting menus if someone wasn't able to use the checkup. 😉

Also, the wedding ring is not required for the Master Crafter achievement, and it doesn't matter whether you're playing solo or multiplayer. It doesn't matter if she built a cabin or not. 🙂

Last edited:

saltySupport

Greenhorn
Thanks! I shall pass her the information! Hope that she can find out why she isn't getting the achievement. She's been working ages on it.

Elenna101

Farmer
Yeah Stardew Checkup is the easiest option.
I've also copied a list of everything you need to get all the crafting recipies below.

Also, the wedding ring is not required for the Master Crafter achievement, and it doesn't matter whether you're playing solo or multiplayer. It doesn't matter if she built a cabin or not. 🙂
Wait really? I've never played much multiplayer but the Wedding Ring wiki page says "In a Multiplayer game, the Wedding Ring must be crafted to earn the Craft Master achievement ("Craft every item"). "

Skill levels
Foraging level 9
Mining level 9
Farming level 9
Fishing level 9
Combat level 9
Special Orders
Community Cleanup special order (for fiber seeds)
Juicy Bugs Wanted special order (for quality bobber)
Prismatic Jelly special order (for monster musk)
Island Ingredients special order (for solar panel)
Cave Patrol special order (for geode crusher)
Fragments of the past special order (for bone mill)
Robin's Resource Rush special order (for stone chest)
A Curious Substance special order (mini-obelisk)
Aquatic Overpopulation or Biome Balance special order (for farm computer)
Friendship
Tea Sapling in the mail from Caroline's 2-heart event (in sunroom behind her kitchen, 9-5 on non-rainy day)
Robin 6-heart event (Flute Block and Drum Block) (Robin's house while she is home)
Gus 5-heart event for mini jukebox (exit farmhouse on non-rainy day 6am - 11:30 am)
Wild Bait from Linus 4-heart event (mountain 8 pm - 12 am on non-rainy day)
Mail after 3 hearts with Krobus
Bought/Traded
Tub O'Flowers - bought from Flower Dance for 2000g
Jack-o-Lantern - bought from Spirit's Eve festival for 2,000g
Island warp totem - bought from Volcano Dwarf for 10,000g
Trade 10 iridium bars to desert trader (for desert warp totem)
Bought from Qi for a total of 140 Qi gems (various recipes)
Bought from island trader for 50 cinder shards (deluxe retaining soil)
Grass Starter recipe bought from Pierre for 1,000g
Bought from Robin (make sure to go in and out of the shop interface until she stops selling new stuff)
Weathered Floor - bought from Dwarf for 500g
Crystal Floor and Wicked Statue - bought from Krobus for 500g and 1000g
Miscellaneous
Garden pot from cutscene after completing the Greenhouse
Collect all rarecrows for Deluxe Scarecrow recipe in the mail
Furnace - from cutscene the morning after collecting 1+ copper ore
Complete Island Field Office (for ostrich incubator)
The Pirate's Wife quest (from Birdie, for fairy dust recipe)
Donating ancient seed to museum
Cellar upgrade for cask recipe

user314159

Greenhorn
Yes in Multiplayer Wedding Ring must be crafted. In single-player it shouldn't be. That said, "98%" reads as if there are 2 crafting items missing, so using "Stardew Checkup" or turning on "Show Advanced Crafting Information" in the options will help you figure out anything else that's missing.

imnvs

Local Legend
Wait really? I've never played much multiplayer but the Wedding Ring wiki page says "In a Multiplayer game, the Wedding Ring must be crafted to earn the Craft Master achievement ("Craft every item").
Oh, well, shows me for opening my mouth... because I was sure that wasn't necessary. Hmm...

...still, if there's no cabin, it's not a multiplayer save, so it shouldn't be necessary.

Boo1972

Farmer
Oh, well, shows me for opening my mouth... because I was sure that wasn't necessary. Hmm...

...still, if there's no cabin, it's not a multiplayer save, so it shouldn't be necessary.
I built a cabin and did not have to make the ring, though no one else ever joined the game. In fact, my unused cabin is still on my 100% perfection farm. So I think your right- it needs to be a multi player save to make the wedding ring necessary to craft. Which doesn’t make sense. What if all the player marry NPC’s?

imnvs

Local Legend
I built a cabin and did not have to make the ring, though no one else ever joined the game.
I have to assume that because cabins and farmhands are part of the savefile, and knowing that even having a cabin doesn't technically make it a "multiplayer save" such that you would need the wedding ring recipe and to have crafted one... it must be the simple fact of having a farmhand that does it.

uschmi2020

Newcomer
Strange, in my (local) mulitplayer saves, I never needed to craft the wedding ring to receive 100% perfection. Could it be that the ring is just needed for the Craft Master Archievement, but not for the perfection? When I reach perfection, my farmhand is not logged in, because I usually play him myself just for

- being a helping hand, while my mainplayer recovers in bed after watering half of the crops in spring of first year
- being a source of a second tool set
- fetching the rewards from mines and museum a second time
- fully upgrading and renovating his cabin, which is then emptied from any furniture and used as my winery fully filled with kegs and casks

imnvs

Local Legend
Could it be that the ring is just needed for the Craft Master Archievement, but not for the perfection?
Cards on the table, I have never achieved perfection in a multiplayer save... but the wedding ring isn't needed for Craft Master in a solo save, that much I can say for certain. I've attained perfection multiple times without crafting it in solo saves too.

Elenna101

Farmer
I built a cabin and did not have to make the ring, though no one else ever joined the game. In fact, my unused cabin is still on my 100% perfection farm. So I think your right- it needs to be a multi player save to make the wedding ring necessary to craft. Which doesn’t make sense. What if all the player marry NPC’s?
Are we sure that marrying an NPC prevents the player from buying the wedding ring recipe? I know SaltySupport said their friend couldn't buy the recipe because of being married to Leah, but what if that was actually because their friend's save wasn't really multiplayer (since it didn't have a farmhand, just a cabin)?

I've never played multiplayer so I'm not really sure how the mechanics work there.

Strange, in my (local) mulitplayer saves, I never needed to craft the wedding ring to receive 100% perfection. Could it be that the ring is just needed for the Craft Master Archievement, but not for the perfection? When I reach perfection, my farmhand is not logged in, because I usually play him myself just for

- being a helping hand, while my mainplayer recovers in bed after watering half of the crops in spring of first year
- being a source of a second tool set
- fetching the rewards from mines and museum a second time
- fully upgrading and renovating his cabin, which is then emptied from any furniture and used as my winery fully filled with kegs and casks
Maybe. Or the wiki could just be wrong about needing that recipe, I guess. Can you check if you have the achievement on those multiplayer saves?

uschmi2020

Newcomer
Can you check if you have the achievement on those multiplayer saves?
Yes, I have the achievment there. I guess the wiki is wrong regarding the wedding ring. The statement about needing the recipe for craft master achievment in multiplayer is in the wiki since the initial version of the article, which was created in July 2018, when multiplayer support was still in public beta phase.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, I have the achievment there. I guess the wiki is wrong regarding the wedding ring. The statement about needing the recipe for craft master achievment in multiplayer is in the wiki since the initial version of the article, which was created in July 2018, when multiplayer support was still in public beta phase.
Good information to have. I don't have an account on the wiki, but anyone with one want to get that updated, it'd probably be good.