Crab Pot Revamp

@ndy

Farmhand
good point, even more so with fishing pod now / wich also reason why i would chance them to something completly else

Last edited:

Adapt

Tiller
I can support a change to crab pots... they are basically useless past the first year and don't provide value later in the game. I propose a large crab or fish net that can gather an abundance of fish or materials at one time. You can make it craftable at a certain point late in the game, so you don't make crab pots completely obsolete.

eliasntr

Farmhand
They're actually quite useful in the later stages in the game. Get the Trapper --> Mariner profession. You'll never get junk items ever again. You can use the fishes caught as quality fertilizers. Fishing becomes underwhelming for profit in the late game compared to farming quality crops. You'll be swimming with quality fertilizers before you know it, instead of having to buy each for 150g from Pierre. Other than that, crab pots are indeed underwhelming early on compared to fishing.

Neat Games

Planter
I didn't know there was a crab pot haha. I will make some today if I have tiime to play! (just to experience what they like)

I actually use Crab Pots as a source of making crab cakes and collecting trash for recycling. With enough Crab Pots, you can get plenty of resources, if you have the means to recycle. I dedicate an entire shed to recycling and can end up with a hefty amount of wood, stone, coal and refined quartz. Sure it doesn't make allot of money but it can provide resources for other things.

I, like a few others have said, also use the recycle machine for all the trash I collect! I do get a lot of good resources from them for sure.

Kurachi84

Planter
Cheap fish for stuff like Quality Fertilizer, but i guess aside from that, it's not much, yes.
Put a worm bin near it (without automate you gotta take the bait and put it on, but it's easy) and you have lots of bait, and then bug meat to bait, and it's pretty nice.
I use a mod to be able to get stuff from empty crab pots, but without mods, i guess it could get a little more usefulness, maybe with the small fish from it having better quality, and if Wild Bait is used, a chance for double catches, like with the fishing rods that can have bait.

I do love soggy newspaper for cloth, even though it's rare!
I guess without mods, it's best to just have your farm ponds, and maybe at the beach's docks, where no NPC goes, it could be a nice extra, adn only 2 places helps, so you don't need to run to many places to collect all.
I wish Bait would mostly give fish, Wild Bait having a chance for double catches, and Magnet(bait item) to mostly get trash, if you wanna recycle it for resources.
EDIT: Maybe when fishing level maxed, or later in the game, Willy gives a crafting recipe for better crab pots, that do a better job, and maybe catches new crab pot fish that could be added.