Question converting a .xnb mod to content patcher

lunaireminou

Greenhorn
idk if this is the right place to post this or if i can even request this but, can anyone convert this mod (the no smile version) to content patcher, or link if someone's already done it? i've tried doing it myself but i've given up trying since it failed even when there were no errors. general converting tips for future use would also help, just preferably in simple terms since i'm not too skilled at modding and i have a difficult time understanding complex terms.

idk if this is the right place to post this or if i can even request this but, can anyone convert this mod (the no smile version) to content patcher, or link if someone's already done it? i've tried doing it myself but i've given up trying since it failed even when there were no errors. general converting tips for future use would also help, just preferably in simple terms since i'm not too skilled at modding and i have a difficult time understanding complex terms.
Hi, here's a super, simple conversion.
You may have done the same; gotten it right, and just didn't notice. The eye changes are very subtle.

But, you can verify it's loading by pretending to start a new, male character. Then going to hair "56" which is partially bald, and turn the character sideways using the arrows.
You should see that the eyebrows are no longer horizontal, but curved like the girls.

---
In terms of general tips.

I'd really recommend unpacking the game files first. Then browse around the unpacked files to familiarize yourself a bit.
And, find, and download mods that seem similar to ideas you want to create.
Checking out other mods with similar goals can help point you in the right direction.

Resources:
Unpacking all the Game Files; so you can see the potential art, and data to be modded:

General Modding Wiki:

Specific resources for creating Content Patcher mods; if you haven't seen it already:
Official ContentPatcher guide:

Wiki(Content Patcher section):

Json Validator(Helps check for formatting errors in the JSON files. Useful if your text editor doesn't support it.)

Attachments

lunaireminou

Greenhorn
Hi, here's a super, simple conversion.
You may have done the same; gotten it right, and just didn't notice. The eye changes are very subtle.

But, you can verify it's loading by pretending to start a new, male character. Then going to hair "56" which is partially bald, and turn the character sideways using the arrows.
You should see that the eyebrows are no longer horizontal, but curved like the girls.

---
In terms of general tips.

I'd really recommend unpacking the game files first. Then browse around the unpacked files to familiarize yourself a bit.
And, find, and download mods that seem similar to ideas you want to create.
Checking out other mods with similar goals can help point you in the right direction.

Resources:
Unpacking all the Game Files; so you can see the potential art, and data to be modded:

General Modding Wiki:

Specific resources for creating Content Patcher mods; if you haven't seen it already:
Official ContentPatcher guide:

Wiki(Content Patcher section):

Json Validator(Helps check for formatting errors in the JSON files. Useful if your text editor doesn't support it.)

hello, thank you for responding!

thank you so much for the help, and the conversion! i'll look at the links you sent and try to unpack the files later today, and try out the conversion!
i really appreciate all of this information, and i hope i can put it to use in the future!