Console

It's now been over 3 months since 1.6 came out with already multiple patches for PC and now over month since we last heard anything about console ports. Does anyone have an update? I know he is but 1 man I'm just excited to play.

soha

Farmhand
I still hope that the ability to choose some mods approved by Eric will be added inside the game. To play on a tablet such as SVE. And because of this, there is a slight delay

Njin

Planter
I was optimistic we would get it quicker than the last major update .. Late last month or earlier this month CA made a tweet about it said the update has been in the hands of the people who are tasked to port the games to console ... If I had to guess it would either be any day now or never forever (is what it kinda fells like so far) .. But I'll stay optimistic hang in there a little longer.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Unfortunately it’s largely out of the hands of CA, porting is hard work.

The way 1.6 released, you should think of it as releasing early on PC as opposed to late on other platforms, the way CA handled this update was by having it be an open beta, letting the players test the (very very very buggy) update. That way he could change it accordingly and roll out an abundance of patches.

This works well for consoles as they prefer a game releasing with large flushed out updates and big patches instead of a bug ridden first release. Mobile takes time because of all the interface and control changes, it’s almost guaranteed it won’t take as long as last time either, that was a fluke due to the original porters not completing their job.