Configs for the Switch

DashingHeights

Greenhorn
Hello! I'm brand new to the game, a friend bought it for me on the Switch because I told them I was thinking about getting it. I adore it so much and I really have very little that I would change. The biggest thing that I (and another friend who got it recently) wish for is a setting to extend how long a day is! It feels very rushed and you can barely get things done if you don't already have a plan for the day. I know that's probably the point, but for leisurely play, I'd like to be able to make the day a little longer. I don't know if this is already possible on PC, I assume it is in some fashion. And if there is the option on the Switch, could someone please direct me to it? Thank you!

Odin

Staff member
While you can make the day longer on PC via modding, there's no game option for this on any platform. If you do feel like you're short on time in a day though, I would encourage you to try picking just one thing to do. So on a given day, you'd water your crops and then pick fishing. And that's your day. If you get tired of fishing you can move on to something else. But there's rarely a day were you actually need to do a lot, unless you've left a tough quest until the last day or something. Keep in mind that with few exceptions the game doesn't have deadlines, at least not for any of the big stuff.

Ereo

Helper
In addition to what @Odin said, don't plant too many crops in the beginning. Watering takes a long time and then you don't have time for anything else. I try to be done with watering and animals by 10 am.

Later, you will have possibilities to upgrade tools and automate which also gives you more time.

DashingHeights

Greenhorn
While you can make the day longer on PC via modding, there's no game option for this on any platform. If you do feel like you're short on time in a day though, I would encourage you to try picking just one thing to do. So on a given day, you'd water your crops and then pick fishing. And that's your day. If you get tired of fishing you can move on to something else. But there's rarely a day were you actually need to do a lot, unless you've left a tough quest until the last day or something. Keep in mind that with few exceptions the game doesn't have deadlines, at least not for any of the big stuff.
Thank you for the tips! I have automated barn, coop, and sprinkler systems now and am in year 2 summer. I just would like to be able to mine or fish or resource gather for longer without having to dedicate multiple days to one task. Mainly mining, as I always seems to find good stuff right at the end of the night and then I have to leave and watch it despawn! I know there's no deqdlines for anything, but the short days make me feel stressed about what I can or can't accomplish, and some quests and things are season-dependent which doesn't help either.