Complain about your bad luck here!

Honestly it seems like it always happens - folks complain (using the word loosely) about not finding item X, or their ridiculously poor luck with Y, and then next thing you know, their luck turns around! Sure, part of it is luck balancing out, but just in case the complaining about it in the forums is key, I figured it would be useful to have a thread where folks can drop their bad luck stories. Hopefully it'll serve as a catalyst for their luck changing as well!

To kick it off, I want to complain about the Volcano treasure chests. There's some Fine stuff in there, only available through those chests, but I'm having atrocious luck with it never dropping on my current save. I've gotten Mermaid Boots and a Dragontooth Cutlass in attempts #1 and #2 on another save, but this one, it's been Months of checking the Volcano, and though I've found about 2 dozen Dragonscale boots, no Mermaid Boots to be found anywhere. I got a Dragontooth Shiv, a couple dozen Golden Coconuts, Pineapple Seeds and Cinder Shards for days, but no Dragontooth Cutlass.

If my luck could turn around, I'd appreciate it. Wouldn't mind a Dwarf Dagger while we're at it XD Anyway, what are you looking for or waiting for which just doesn't seem to be happening for you?

Elenna101

Farmer
This one has already been resolved, but I can't resist complaining about how I had to kill 840 cave insects to hit the 0.5% chance of an ancient seed artifact. (Meanwhile I got at least 4-5 Dwarf Scroll I from them, which is also a 0.5% chance.)

And then I got another one 12 cave insects later. And within the next month I got one from an artifact spot and another one from a fishing chest. Because of course.

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
I think that mu worst luck was in the volcano dungeon yeah. I was looking for dragon teeth back when I only had the Obsidian Edge, and I found three after two real time days of finding notttthhhiiinnnggg. Before I went to grab them, a Magma Sparker came and took me out. I didn't have time to go back in and get them, there were three and it would have been enough to build the obelisk. I didn't think of restarting the day either. SO yes it was party my fault but it still sucked.

FairyRing

Farmer
I think I ruined my chance with a strange capsule. After it broke I thought I did something wrong so trying to fix it somehow I put it in Maru's path and she turned it to dust! I don't know if I need it to get a rare event....

LRangerR

Local Legend
I think I ruined my chance with a strange capsule. After it broke I thought I did something wrong so trying to fix it somehow I put it in Maru's path and she turned it to dust! I don't know if I need it to get a rare event....
this was probably the correct thing to do

hexnessie

Farmer
I put mine in the Skull Cave mummy level before it hatched. Figured they are cursed anyway, and maybe one day I'll go there and find out that the alien killed all the mummies, laid many eggs and now the Skull Cave is teeming with extraterrestrials!

Last edited:

Tinks

Planter
spent 5 hours this morning raising 10,000 gold for the big barn and first thing it asks is which barn do you want to to upgrade! It's my first barn...I got the wood the stone and spent hours saving the money why can't I just buy the big barn..honnestly the controller went across the room! ... best go get some breakfast and sort the real life dog out he's been whining for hours and Ive been saying just 5 more minutes I've got to get this duck barn!

Its very frustrating for new players.... also can't get iron ore for sprinklers until youve got down past level 40 of the mines but you really need sprinklers quite early on for crops otherwise watering plants everyday (when it doesn't rain) takes up most of the in-game day one square at a time!

It is addictive so can see why it has so many fans but also frustrating game I can see myself ending up with drink problems before I've finished ..as the feeling I need a strong drink myself to calm back down after wasting 5 hours trying to get a duck barn it won't let me have! I completely sympathise with Shane!

qwerty

Farmhand
For about one and half in-game years, I was stuck trying to find dwarf scroll II.

I was trying to find it because I had the other three and I needed the ginger ale recipe to get 100% on cooking.

I spent ages going to the secret woods and then into the mines killing monsters and tilling the dirt in it. I eventually got it near the end of winter but my gosh it took too long!

Planter
I had quite some trouble finding the Mummified Bat, and that was after the drop rate bug was patched. Long after I completed the rest of the collection, I was still doing near-daily Volcano dungeon runs trying to find it. I don't remember the exact in-game time it took to finally find it, but towards the end I was starting to feel like those poor people before the bugfix.

My hunt for the auto-petter in the Skull Cavern was also tedious. I did a lot of runs where I would just spam stairs on very high luck days (with luck buffs as well) and I got only one auto-petter (in winter year 5) while I got each of the hats (there are four of them) at least 2 times, if not more. A shame there's no easier way to get this item than relying on RNG (or side with Joja) :sweat: