Coding Help Companion in mines?

Akalim

Newcomer
Hello! I've never modded (or coded) before, but I've been wanting to dip my toes into the subject since there's so many tutorials out here. Though as far as I'm concerned, I haven't found any on adding a combat buddy.

I want to add an npc that will help you fight after you reach a certain amount of hearts with her (like if you gift her a weapon, she'll ask where you want to go and you can choose between whatever area you have unlocked at the time). I want her to fight alongside the player, have a health bar to which she'll retreat to the top if she runs out, and she'll drag you out if you run out of health.

I also want her to give you back the weapon after the run is over so that you don't lose the weapon. How would I go about doing that?

azurl

Greenhorn
Quite a hefty task given that there is no existing npc that does combat. aside from making all the dialogs you would need to code movement and combat features.
I am a .net developer by profession so I can assist you if you have specific questions. but before that you should read up on the wiki for how to get started and make yourself familiarized with the game code and smapi.

Akalim

Newcomer
Quite a hefty task given that there is no existing npc that does combat. aside from making all the dialogs you would need to code movement and combat features.
I am a .net developer by profession so I can assist you if you have specific questions. but before that you should read up on the wiki for how to get started and make yourself familiarized with the game code and smapi.
Sounds good to me thank you!! When I'm ready to tackle that task then I'll come back to this forum :] appreciate it!