Issue Community Centre Bundle - Can't Claim

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
I'm playing with mods, but I've uninstalled all my mods and am still having this problem, I have no idea if it's a mod issue, but SMAPI gives me a massive wall of red text, so maybe it is a mod issue? I'm honestly really confused and thought I would post here first in case it is a mod issue

smapi is full of red.png

When setting up my game, I selected remixed community centre bundles without also ticking the box to have it be able to be completed in year one. For the most part, everything has been fine, but I've run into an issue with the forage bundle.

I've completed the bundle, but I can't claim the reward. When I click on it, the entire screen goes smaller and it makes a clicking sound (it's difficult to explain so I've attached some pictures)

I'm playing 1.5.1, in english and single player. It doesn't crash the game

Attachments

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
Here's the link to the smapi log

I'll have a go at replicating it on a new save, it happened maybe three bundles in so it might take me a bit, but I will report back in once I know

Edited: Oh and if I try and run stardew valley directly via the application rather than through steam and smapi, it crashes the game when I try to get the bundle and this turned up in the errorlog files

Attachments

Last edited:

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
Update, it happened again on a new save, trying to hand in the fall bundle. I think it's an issue with whatever the reward is for the fall bundle, should I post about it in the non-mod bug area?

(the new log https://smapi.io/log/6ff96141eb2544fb8995571edd3e04c1)

I saw that there's updates for smapi, now that I've replicated the bug, I'll go update everything and report back as well

Pathoschild

Planter
@valkyriewolff Hi! Did you have Json Assets installed before you removed the mods? If so, that's a known issue with an older version of Json Assets; reinstalling that mod and updating to the latest version should retroactively fix it.

(Note that I usually won't notice if I'm pinged on the forums, since there are no email notifications. It's best to message me on Discord/ModDrop/Nexus/Reddit instead).

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
Hi @Pathoschild

I did have Json Assets, but I'd deleted it before I made these save files. I did try updating to the latest version and reinstalling that mod, but unfortunately that hasn't fixed it either.

Pathoschild

Planter
You already tried with the latest Json Assets version uploaded today?

If so, you can also try running this command in the SMAPI window before entering the community center:
Code:
apply_save_fix FixBotchedBundleData
You should only need to do it once, it'll fix the data that gets saved at the end of the day.

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
Yeah, I tried it as soon as I saw your response, I have the mixed blessing of not having anything else to do other than play stardew valley right now.

The botched bundle fix command also didn't work sadly, no change to the issue.

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
Even zipped, my mods folder is too large, I've included a list of all my mods, if there's any in particular you want configs from or anything, I'll see if I can get them to upload. As of yesterday, all Mods and Smapi were up to date to the best of my knowledge)

The Fallstaff file is the one I've been testing everything with and was where the issue first happened

The Midsorm file is the one I used to replicate the issue and attempted to complete that area of the community centre without redeeming the bundle and now the community centre itself crashes (without smapi it crashes, with smapi the screen goes black and I have to use task manager to close the game)

Mods list
[CP] Babies Take After Spouse v1
[CP] Cheaper Wild Bait
[CP] Seasonal Villager Outfits
[CP] SpousesReactToDeath
[CP] Sprinklerable Beach Farm
[CP] Stardew Valley Dialogue Expansion
Automate
BetterMeteorites
BetterSlingshots
ConsoleCommands
ContentPatcher
ExpandedPreconditionsUtility
ExtraFishInformation
GenericModConfigMenu
GoodbyeAmericanEnglish
ImagEd
JsonAssets
Mods (file contains BirthdayMail and BirthdayMailContent)
Nice Messages
SaveBackup
Secretariat
SitforStaminaMod
SpaceCore
SpiceofLife
ThreeHeartDancePartner
UI Info Suite
Wedding
Letter (PNG file)
Mailbox (PNG file)
ReadMe (text doc)

Attachments

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn
I discovered that if I start a new game file with no mods, I have no issues, even when I add mods in later, so it seems like something has gone funky when the game file is created with mods

Pathoschild

Planter
Sorry for the delay! I rewrote part of SMAPI in the next update to make it easier to track down issues like this.

The problem is this bundle data in both of your saves:
Code:
<item>
    <key>
        <string>Crafts Room/15</string>
    </key>
    <value>
        <string>Fall Foraging/30 Fall Seeds/404 1 0 406 1 0 408 1 0 410 1 0/2/4/15</string>
    </value>
</item>
Specifically, 30 Fall Seeds isn't a valid format for the bundle reward; it should have been replaced with O 497 30 automatically, but it seems the game couldn't find the "Fall Seeds" item when it was generating the bundle.

If you create a new save with all your mods now, does it have the same problem? If so, can you enter the patch summary command directly in the SMAPI console after the error happens, and post your new log file?

corrin

Planter
Sorry for the delay! I rewrote part of SMAPI in the next update to make it easier to track down issues like this.

Code:
<item>
    <key>
    </key>
    <value>
        <string>Fall Foraging/30 Fall Seeds/404 1 0 406 1 0 408 1 0 410 1 0/2/4/15</string>
    </value>
</item>
Specifically, 30 Fall Seeds isn't a valid format for the bundle reward; it should have been replaced with O 497 30 automatically, but it seems the game couldn't find the "Fall Seeds" item when it was generating the bundle.

If you create a new save with all your mods now, does it have the same problem? If so, can you enter the patch summary command directly in the SMAPI console after the error happens, and post your new log file?
I think I may have found the cause of this, based on some more data from the Discord. It seems that having either FallToAutumn or Goodbye American English causes this bug, as all the logs I've found have had one or the other of those mods. It's been fixed in Goodbye American English, but FallToAutumn still has the issue right now.

valkyriewolff

Greenhorn

Code:
<item>
    <key>
    </key>
    <value>
    </value>
</item>

Thank you so much for all of your help! I can now start a new save with mods and play with no problems! I really really appreciate it