1.6 Update Coming to Switch?

Hmonette17

Greenhorn
Hello, I’ve been avidly awaiting the 1.6 update to release on switch and other consoles. (Stardew has been an itch my brain wants to scratch but I refuse until the update comes out). I don’t believe anything has been said since early August and was curious if there was any newer information you folks had.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There hasn't really been an update because the same still holds true, 1.6.9 and the port to mobile and console is currently being worked on.

Currently the holdbacks are the mobile update and the proper release of 1.6.9 which is still getting lots of bug reports, all platforms will get a full release of 1.6.9 at the same time. PC just got a public 1.6.9 beta so I would give the update about a month until release but it could easily be longer if more issues arise

There hasn't really been an update because the same still holds true, 1.6.9 and the port to mobile and console is currently being worked on.

Currently the holdbacks are the mobile update and the proper release of 1.6.9 which is still getting lots of bug reports, all platforms will get a full release of 1.6.9 at the same time. PC just got a public 1.6.9 beta so I would give the update about a month until release but it could easily be longer if more issues arise
Oh when did he confirm that 1.6.9 will being 1.6 to console?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oh yeah obviously, I misread and though that what you meant is that when 6.9 released it would relase on all platforms at the same time
That would be ultra cool. Get everyone to the same place and it would be a very nice gesture to the mobile and console communities. I hope it happens but with different teams working on the various platforms, well you now how big projects sometimes go...

chaskuchar

Planter
so how do you get the 1.6.9.beta? i have worked on betas for farming simulator. that is interesting to develop games. now that i have the xbox controller working on the pc it is just like playing the xbox.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think you need to be invited. Somehow? There's a post on the main site about the PC 1.6.9 beta but that's only in Steam and doesn't mention anything about beta access for mobile or consoles.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think you need to be invited. Somehow? There's a post on the main site about the PC 1.6.9 beta but that's only in Steam and doesn't mention anything about beta access for mobile or consoles.
There is no open beta for mobile or consoles, it's an only pc thing and very contained on the forums (all bug reporting here), I think there should be some way to access it here, I didn't really read all the way through the page here on it though