Combat not working on ipad

dshaw

Cowpoke
I now lose every combat, even with flying green bugs in early cave rooms. This has not always been the case. Can no longer hope to get last dwarf scroll. Cannot survive the volcano or skull caves. So can't do much except farm. Not much progress in the game for some weeks now. Getting boring with no progress. I've tried different rings, boots, rings and boots. Am I missing something? I used to do okay against monsters. Now even a slime is impossible. Any ideas?

Maher

Farmer
I now lose every combat, even with flying green bugs in early cave rooms. This has not always been the case. Can no longer hope to get last dwarf scroll. Cannot survive the volcano or skull caves. So can't do much except farm. Not much progress in the game for some weeks now. Getting boring with no progress. I've tried different rings, boots, rings and boots. Am I missing something? I used to do okay against monsters. Now even a slime is impossible. Any ideas?
For the most part, I have the controls set to "Tap to move and auto-attack." It means I don't have to manage every sword stroke which makes a difference on iOS.

Ereo

Helper
There’s a bug that has been reported for some mobile players that no matter which weapon they use, the damage is only 1. that makes it almost impossible to fight anything. Is that what has happened to you? I don’t know if there is a fix, but I hope it will be fixed as part of the 1.6 update.

dshaw

Cowpoke
There’s a bug that has been reported for some mobile players that no matter which weapon they use, the damage is only 1. that makes it almost impossible to fight anything. Is that what has happened to you? I don’t know if there is a fix, but I hope it will be fixed as part of the 1.6 update.
That is what is happening, although I may not even get the 1 in damage. than, you for letting me know there may be a fix coming, as I was about to delete it!

stardew_luv

Planter
I have been having lots of bugs all of the sudden and not just mining on mobile since CA started tinkering with 1.6 in earnest to get it rolled out. I think there will be more bugs for a while until the update comes, but that means progress is being made for it to come out right? Also last time CA got the company that was working on it (now CA is doing it on his own!) he gave it a month or so of bug complaints and then fixed them best he could. So I’m sure he’ll do the same after 1.6 comes.

ETA: I have found that my older save is doing better even with the bugs than if I start a new save. Do you have an older save you could play on? Also I’m on IOS if that makes a difference. But yes I experience many bugs on both old and new saves but old save if faring much better right now and is still quite playable.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I believe it will be as I think it has to do with an issue with rings in which stats are nullified but then removed when you remove the ring

As for now, try changing up the control layout you use. Autoattack is nice but it isn't especially good, you can always use manual attacking (with buttons) or swap in a joystick (joystick+tap to move+auto attack) to give some more mobility to better position yourself to an oncoming enemy

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I have been having lots of bugs all of the sudden and not just mining on mobile since CA started tinkering with 1.6 in earnest to get it rolled out. I think there will be more bugs for a while until the update comes, but that means progress is being made for it to come out right? Also last time CA got the company that was working on it (now CA is doing it on his own!) he gave it a month or so of bug complaints and then fixed them best he could. So I’m sure he’ll do the same after 1.6 comes.

ETA: I have found that my older save is doing better even with the bugs than if I start a new save. Do you have an older save you could play on? Also I’m on IOS if that makes a difference. But yes I experience many bugs on both old and new saves but old save if faring much better right now and is still quite playable.
CA is actively working towards patching bugs on mobile and trying to make the mobile 1.6 port as good as it can possibly be. There aren't going to be any more bugs or changed until the update is releasing because no changes are being made to the game until the update releases

If you do see a bug please do report it, we have a whole thread here just for reporting mobile bugs and the more you report, the better the game will be when it does release for 1.6!

stardew_luv

Planter
CA is actively working towards patching bugs on mobile and trying to make the mobile 1.6 port as good as it can possibly be. There aren't going to be any more bugs or changed until the update is releasing because no changes are being made to the game until the update releases

If you do see a bug please do report it, we have a whole thread here just for reporting mobile bugs and the more you report, the better the game will be when it does release for 1.6!
Oh I thought it was because he was working on new version cause that’s when it started happening. I mean it always randomly crashed mid game, everyone on iOS has had that off and on (likely the saving multiple times in the middle of a day with quick save when normally it’s done only at night. At least that’s my guess.) This other stuff just started and only on new saves for me. Could be compatibility issues with a new Apple update too or something since last update was almost 2 years ago now I think.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Oh I thought it was because he was working on new version cause that’s when it started happening. I mean it always randomly crashed mid game, everyone on iOS has had that off and on (likely the saving multiple times in the middle of a day with quick save when normally it’s done only at night. At least that’s my guess.) This other stuff just started and only on new saves for me. Could be compatibility issues with a new Apple update too or something since last update was almost 2 years ago now I think.
Nope, the work he does on the game isn't ported continuously, it'll just be released as one big update the same way it's happened for the years before

Definitely do report any issues with the new ios update, I've noticed a few people bring up issues with it