1.6 Update Combat helpers

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Sorry I couldn’t use trinkets in the title and didn’t know what else to call them.

so I have the anvil and the trinkets and the iridium bars but I tried to combine two trinkets (which is what I thought the anvil was for) and it came out as a copy of one trinket with the same stats it originally had. So what is the purpose of the anvil then? And is there a way to combine two trinkets? Why would anyone need a copy of trinkets when they are falling everywhere out of everything in the mines. I’m very confused.

VampireCake

Rancher
The anvil is used to 're-roll' stats on trinkets that have them, like the level of the fairy or parrot, so you may get a higher or lower level, it's random, but you can reroll as many times as you like - if you have enough iridium bars. Trinkets like the baslisk claw or magic hair gel don't have a level, just a passive effect. I pretty sure you can't combine trinkets - they can be pretty powerful. Hope that helps. :smile:

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
The anvil is used to 're-roll' stats on trinkets that have them, like the level of the fairy or parrot, so you may get a higher or lower level, it's random, but you can reroll as many times as you like - if you have enough iridium bars. Trinkets like the baslisk claw or magic hair gel don't have a level, just a passive effect. I pretty sure you can't combine trinkets - they can be pretty powerful. Hope that helps. :smile:
Thanks so much I couldn’t understand its function cause I guess the chance roll came out with the exact same trinket and stars both times. My favorite are the quiver of arrows!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Thanks so much I couldn’t understand its function cause I guess the chance roll came out with the exact same trinket and stars both times. My favorite are the quiver of arrows!
The Quiver of Arrows is my favorite for "everyday" use but the li'l Froggie is not only the cutest, but also the funniest and for big Monsters you don't want to deal with, the most effective. My only complaint is he's so efffective that while on Monster Eradication quests or similar, he gets the Monster before I do! So I need to remove him from his follow spot and let him watch the festivities from the sidelines. I can hear him getting grumpy sitting on my shoulder waiting so when there are different Monsters in the area, I let him out to exercise his tongue.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You'll always get the same trinket, a frog will always be a frog, what changes is the colour, level, or other stats like damage depending on which trinket you are reforging

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
The Quiver of Arrows is my favorite for "everyday" use but the li'l Froggie is not only the cutest, but also the funniest and for big Monsters you don't want to deal with, the most effective. My only complaint is he's so efffective that while on Monster Eradication quests or similar, he gets the Monster before I do! So I need to remove him from his follow spot and let him watch the festivities from the sidelines. I can hear him getting grumpy sitting on my shoulder waiting so when there are different Monsters in the area, I let him out to exercise his tongue.
I figure the frog would eat the little things like bugs and slimes and stuff I didn’t know he took down big ones.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I figure the frog would eat the little things like bugs and slimes and stuff I didn’t know he took down big ones.
Watching the Frog eat a Big Purple Slime or a Pepper Rex or a Royal Flying Serpent just makes me laugh! There's apparently nothing it won't eat? It may have a longer cooldown time with bigger meals but I'm really not paying enough attention to notice as I'm dodging all the other things or dropping Bombs. And he's there all fat and happy hopping to keep up with me during the cooldown time and it makes me LOL. :laugh:

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
Royal Serpent, meet Frog! He’ll eat anything!

Sounds like something Bobbi would say, IMO.