co-op screen going black when joining new coop game, but friend not being able to join an old coop game I was able to rejoin

katea4978

Greenhorn
I was trying to join a new coop game with my friends I got a black screen after clicking the new farmer slot and it brought up in hourglass cursor icon. My friends could see my farmer on the map but I couldn't see anything on my screen except for the hourglass cursor. I also got this message repeated in my Terminal on my Mac when running the SMAPI.

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: InvalidOperationException: Failed reading Character (Farmer) field 'Character (Farmer): friendshipData'
---> ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior)
at Netcode.NetDictionary`5.ReadFull(BinaryReader reader, NetVersion version) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\NetFields\NetDictionary.cs:line 604
at Netcode.NetFields.ReadFull(BinaryReader reader, NetVersion version) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\NetFields\NetFields.cs:line 236
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Netcode.NetFields.ReadFull(BinaryReader reader, NetVersion version) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\NetFields\NetFields.cs:line 240
at StardewValley.Network.Client.receiveAvailableFarmhands(BinaryReader msg) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 124
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SMultiplayer.OnClientProcessingMessage(IncomingMessage message, Action`1 sendMessage, Action resume) in SMAPI\Framework\SMultiplayer.cs:line 336
at StardewValley.SDKs.Steam.SteamNetClient.receiveMessagesImpl() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\Steam\SteamNetClient.cs:line 406
at StardewValley.Network.Client.receiveMessages() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 70
at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\FarmhandMenu.cs:line 292
at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.update(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TitleMenu.cs:line 1728
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4794
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4131
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1083
[game] WARNING: Mismatched UI Mode Push/Pop counts. Correcting.

I've seen a couple other forum posts saying it's possibly a problem with the space core and json assets, but I know nothing about mods and computer stuff so I'm not sure what exactly space core is or which json assets or files to delete.

Also, when my friends tried to rejoin the old coop server I made with the same host and a different friend, the new friend couldn't join the game and it kept saying no available cabins even when the host would build a new cabin. They also got red text in their code, but I'm not sure what theirs said at the moment. We all tried to have the same mods downloaded during this process, SMAPI, Content Patcher, Farm Type Manager, and SVE. Please let me know if you have any advice or further knowledge on what we could try. Thank you!