Cloth made from fiber

Celéstine

Greenhorn
So one day I needed 3 cloths to make my marriage outfit. And as you've expect I don't have any cloths to make it. Sadly I still have no deluxe coop to own some rabbit or a deluxe barn to keep some sheep. I have plenty of fibers laying around in my chests still unused. Also making fiber having the ability to be made into cloth would add more use for fibers. I suggest though that we would need 50 or more fibers to make cloth.

You got a few methods of making cloth
1. Recycling machine and newspaper
2. Sheep wool
3. Rabbit Wool
4. Not applicable for you probably but mummy's loot drop
5. Aquamarine trade in the desert
6. The Rng that is pig lady

It's already overly abundant especially how easy and early you can get a recycling machine. Also fiber would not be good for cloth as it would be either a jute or hemp based material and hemp is used for burlap which no bueno for cloths.

Maybe if they did lotus silk or cotton but fiber I would fear it would be game breaking

imnvs

Local Legend
It's already overly abundant especially how easy and early you can get a recycling machine. Also fiber would not be good for cloth as it would be either a jute or hemp based material and hemp is used for burlap which no bueno for cloths.
Hemp can make clothes just as soft as other fibrous plants like linen. Burlap is a type of heavy duty cloth made from hemp, but it is not the only thing you can make from hemp. (Seriously, go to any hippy-targeted clothing store and you'll find plenty of hemp clothing you wouldn't know was hemp unless it said so on the tag.)

Hemp can make clothes just as soft as other fibrous plants like linen. Burlap is a type of heavy duty cloth made from hemp, but it is not the only thing you can make from hemp. (Seriously, go to any hippy-targeted clothing store and you'll find plenty of hemp clothing you wouldn't know was hemp unless it said so on the tag.)
Arguably though with the hemp material it's a harder medium to design with. hemp doesn't stretch which means that as a t-shirt it would be rougher on the body as hemp is also still not as soft. I get that you have felt it and to the average person it does feel similar but for any job that requires physical movement the amount of chaffing would quickly cause you to not want to wear it.

Best example I can give you is *forgive me in advance* is I was bought some boxers and and a shirt of the material. Now it felt fine at first but have you ever seen what jogger's nipple is........not gonna post a pic nor suggest you Google it but let's just say those bloodstains don't come out and that shirt is now only appropriate for Danzig concerts

imnvs

Local Legend
Best example I can give you is *forgive me in advance* is I was bought some boxers and and a shirt of the material. Now it felt fine at first but have you ever seen what jogger's nipple is........not gonna post a pic nor suggest you Google it but let's just say those bloodstains don't come out and that shirt is now only appropriate for Danzig concerts
Holy cr*p, dude! 😲😲😲

I'm familiar with jogger's nipple. I am also going to suggest that nobody reading this google it. Odds are you will regret doing so. (Owie!)

Last edited:

Ellajoy

Rancher
Holy cr*p, dude! 😲😲😲

I'm familiar with jogger's nipple. I am also going to suggest that nobody reading this google it. Odds are you will regret doing so. (Owie!)
I did not read your post till after I looked it up and I really regretted it.

Sorry I did say I didn't suggest you Google it. For the love of Joja please nobody else Google it. By the way three weeks is what it took to heal.

But back to topic....the main fibers used are flax, jute, hemp and cotton. You have some outlier materials like golden silk which is a new by-product of lotus farming or ramie/kenaf which are extremely localized. The fiber in game looks to be more than likely flax just on the basis of leaf structure.

So you probably could get a linen but that should be worth more than generic cloth

Interesting. I do like the idea of linen. It is ideal for hot summer farming here in the real world.

I agree that it would take too many fibers to make the cost comparison realistic. Maybe you can put the fibers into a machine that refined them? Removing coarser and unsuitable fibers and reducing the total units could yield something useful with condensed value per unit… then you’d put a few units through a loom for special cloth.

Interesting. I do like the idea of linen. It is ideal for hot summer farming here in the real world.

I agree that it would take too many fibers to make the cost comparison realistic. Maybe you can put the fibers into a machine that refined them? Removing coarser and unsuitable fibers and reducing the total units could yield something useful with condensed value per unit… then you’d put a few units through a loom for special cloth.
Maybe be able to turn that special cloth into something . Like one of those Japanese oiled paper parasols. Press x to spin it. Does it do anything....no but would people collect every varient pattern.......heck yeah