Clint the “Nice Guy”

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
In all seriousness, Clint is in dire need of adjustments. His three-heart event, as well as the amethyst quest, still prompt even if you're dating or married to Emily. His festival dialogue about Emily doesn't change either, and he still acts the same way about Emily in Shane's seven-heart event in town. There also needs to be an option to not encourage Clint to pursue Emily in his six-heart event. And I'd rework that one part of Emily's eight-heart event entirely. Clint makes the same assumption, even if the Farmer is already married to someone else! Come on, Clint, you were at the wedding! Do you really think I'm cheating on my spouse?

Girloffshore

Farmhand
In all seriousness, Clint is in dire need of adjustments. His three-heart event, as well as the amethyst quest, still prompt even if you're dating or married to Emily. His festival dialogue about Emily doesn't change either, and he still acts the same way about Emily in Shane's seven-heart event in town. There also needs to be an option to not encourage Clint to pursue Emily in his six-heart event. And I'd rework that one part of Emily's eight-heart event entirely. Clint makes the same assumption, even if the Farmer is already married to someone else! Come on, Clint, you were at the wedding! Do you really think I'm cheating on my spouse?
EXACTLY! I’m married to Emily and Clint and stil tries to get with her! It would definitely me nice if the heart event changed once you marry Emily!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I think part of it is because Emily wasn't originally a marriage candidate, so Clint's events are a little more awkward now that you can get with her. I think the awkwardness is fine, but it leaves Clint's story feeling a bit unresolved. People fall in love all the time with people not interested in them, married or not. I think it would be nice if there were slight dialogue changes, but I like the idea of an extra event that moreso closes the chapter or has Clint come to terms with his feelings a bit better

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Yeah, it'd be nice if we could get some positive character development with Clint. Right now he's kind of a wet blanket with no resolution to his problems. I've always wondered if the outfit he puts on during Emily's eight-heart event is significant. He's wearing a beret. Maybe he wanted to be an artist or something?

Last edited: