chromebook modding

LiterallyIdk

Newcomer
i recently bought stardew valley from the playstore since steam isnt supported on my chromebook. the game runs smoothly and id like to add some mods, so after doing some research, i found a post on here from about 2020 about the same situation. the solution seemed to be following the modding wiki, more specifically the android tutorial, with zaneyorks smapi installer port, however i dont get how to access the smapi app after using the port?? all it shows is the extracted file but it doesnt open into an actual app. did i do something wrong, is there a new alternative or a walk through?

LiterallyIdk

Newcomer
i tried that yesterday, but I don’t get how to actually locate the smapi app.. I see the file but it doesn’t open as an app it opens as a folder, if that makes sense? Like I’m stuck at step four basically. 😭 I thought it could be because I’m on chromebook and not a phone

LiterallyIdk

Newcomer
Hey! Sorry for the late reply but unfortunately not i couldnt find a resolution, i basically gave up after being unable to find any tutorials anywhere…. If you could offer any help it’d be much appreciated