Android Chromebook Backup

Guaterican

Newcomer
Hello! My wife and I have been enjoying this game which we recently downloaded. We learned some things from the first farm, made a second one, and were doing great. BUT last night the app unexpectedly closed and when I opened it back up again, we couldn't find the profile for our second farm. It vanished. I've been searching through the files on this Chromebook to find the save data or app data but nothing is popping up. I downloaded a file explorer because of what I read on other (OLDER) posts but they can't find any data either or even get access to internal storage, which is a problem on newer androids I think. My wife and I are heartbroken so I did a backup save of the first farm, tried looking for it, but no luck.

I don't know what's going on but I'm scared of starting a new profile if it's just going to vanish with no way of bringing it back. We are playing on a Chromebook but I didn't buy this from steam. I bought it from the playstore. It's an older Chromebook so it doesn't support steam. I chose the Android prefix because when I use a file explorer, it brings me to an Android tab that I can't access.