Choosing to have the "nursery" room or not

Peggy77

Sodbuster
Maybe its one of those things that they want you to experience.
Probably but I have read lots of posts on different websites where people are asking for this. I have had kids in three different games and, personally, I can't stand them. If they aged to Jas and Vincent's age and you could talk to them, they could go play and go be tutored by Penny, it wouldn't be so bad. Since they don't, they are just creepy to me.

eliasntr

Farmhand
Probably but I have read lots of posts on different websites where people are asking for this. I have had kids in three different games and, personally, I can't stand them. If they aged to Jas and Vincent's age and you could talk to them, they could go play and go be tutored by Penny, it wouldn't be so bad. Since they don't, they are just creepy to me.
There's a mod that I use that's very close to what you're describing. It's called the Babysitter mod. Basically, it turns your grown-up toddlers into an NPC for the game, which gives them their own likes in gifts and food, a couple of dialogues (you can talk to them now) and a lot of activities to do based on the schedule or babysitter you select. The activities include walking around town, learning and playing with Jas and Vincent as well as following their babysitter in his/her schedule if you choose to have one. The activities also vary a bit for every season.

Note that there's a couple of required mods you must install along the Babysitter mod for all of this to work. You can check the Requirements drop-down on the Description page to see what mods are needed.

The only issue I have with the mod is that it's quite buggy, where sometimes the children will randomly not follow the schedule and even leave the house at night. If you can live with that issue, you'll probably appreciate this mod for giving your children a bit of life rather than just being running obstacles around your house all day long.

Peggy77

Sodbuster
There's a mod that I use that's very close to what you're describing. It's called the Babysitter mod. Basically, it turns your grown-up toddlers into an NPC for the game, which gives them their own likes in gifts and food, a couple of dialogues (you can talk to them now) and a lot of activities to do based on the schedule or babysitter you select. The activities include walking around town, learning and playing with Jas and Vincent as well as following their babysitter in his/her schedule if you choose to have one. The activities also vary a bit for every season.

Note that there's a couple of required mods you must install along the Babysitter mod for all of this to work. You can check the Requirements drop-down on the Description page to see what mods are needed.

The only issue I have with the mod is that it's quite buggy, where sometimes the children will randomly not follow the schedule and even leave the house at night. If you can live with that issue, you'll probably appreciate this mod for giving your children a bit of life rather than just being running obstacles around your house all day long.
It sounds good. I am actually still playing a completely vanilla game but will keep it in mind, thank you. :)

I wonder if it would work on Android mobile. I know that many mods do but not all.

Honestly though? I would still prefer that we got an empty room then had to buy the crib and beds from Robin. It would be great for when we definitely do not want to have kids.

Kurachi84

Planter
I agree, too!
I'd love those rooms to be just empty for stuff, and since i'll have a mod for sheds, which makes it big, i could use that space, without beds and crib, for something like in reallife, which would be a keg.... or casks, since the Automate mod makes that possible :P
In reallife i don't want kids, and ingame i don't have a feeling for kids, either. especially not since they just get in the way a lot, i heard.
I use a mod to never be asked about kids, so that's one problem away, now the space to be usable for other stuff, and i'm even happier!