Choose your body type

We see many different characters with multiple body types. Sam is tall and slim, Gus is a average height and bit portly, Abigail is fairly small, Maru is a little stocky, you get the idea.

Right now, players have only one body type for both male and female. The only real difference between male and female bodies is the male's sprite is like 1 pixel taller than the female. Basically every time I play a female, it just looks like my male character with longer hair.

I think it would be neat to be able to go ever further with customizing your character. Average height and muscular, short and stout, tall and lanky.

Obviously, we wouldn't make body types available for only male or only female. If you want your female farmer to look like an MMA champ go ahead! Want your male farmer to be small and feminine? That's fine too!

I understand the character bodies we have now are supposed to be somewhat of an "average" body type. We're not super thin, but we're not super overweight either. Hell, the player character's body is exactly how I look irl. But, with that being said, I do think allowing us to choose the height and body type of our player could lead to some interesting looks. It would be fun to play as a woman who looks like she could take Alex on in a game of arm wrestling and beat him.

I do understand CA would have to do allot of altering with clothes to fit different body types. Obviously a shirt the player wears can't just be copied and pasted on a body like Sam's or Gus', it would have to be changed to fit, so, this may be a bit of a stretch but I don't see it being impossible to do for him. He's done bigger so I have faith he'd be able to accomplish this if he ever decided to implement this idea.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i think being able to change body types for the system we have in place is too much work, but maybe there could be new apparel down the line that changes your body shape? as for the height though, i got nothin