Chickens....

You have to befriend Shane and witness his eight heart event (you can hit the skip button but you have to triger the scene). Then, blue chicks are added to the rotation when you buy one from Marnie.
If she offers you a white or brown chicken, just hit the cancel button in the bottom right corner when you're supposed to select a coop and then select chickens from the buy option again. Repeat until you get a blue chicken. It never takes more than a few tries for me, although it does feel like it gets selected faster immediately after the heart event.

You have to befriend Shane and witness his eight heart event (you can hit the skip button but you have to triger the scene). Then, blue chicks are added to the rotation when you buy one from Marnie.
If she offers you a white or brown chicken, just hit the cancel button in the bottom right corner when you're supposed to select a coop and then select chickens from the buy option again. Repeat until you get a blue chicken. It never takes more than a few tries for me, although it does feel like it gets selected faster immediately after the heart event.
Thanks for the reply REtroGeekery!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This is the way, you don't need to buy a bunch of chickens, simple entering and exiting the buy menu works. This also works for cows if you like a certain colour more than the other.

The only practical use of this is with brown and white/blue chickens though since those actually produce different goods