Chest behavior in volcano dungeon

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I know it resets daily. But is the loot fixed and unaffected by luck?

I started a purple star forecast in luck day. Ate the Lucky Star meal. While i always wear a Burglar's ring combine with Luck ring. And went to farm items from chests. Only two spawned, one in earlier levels and the standard in level 9. Both were common ones. The first dropped cinder shards and the second one, protection ring. I wasn't satisfied with the drops, so i quit and relaunched the game. I ate a different meal, yet the drops were exactly the same.

I thought (extra) luck affected drops, chest rarity and chest appearing (or not). Is it not the case? Are the instances formed at the day's start and remain the same, loot-wise at least, no matter what?

ArtifactSpot

I don’t know what is the actual case but my personal experience after hundreds by now of run throughs is it is the same every day no matter what you eat, which rings you wear or what the luck forecast is. Like you I’ve reset the day and everything was the same. I think luck does affect how many monsters spawn though. When I’m equipped with luck rich meals and such I don’t get the floors that totally swarm you from all directions with magma sprites, sparklers and tiger slimes. Other than that though things remain the same. Oh and I do get more gems and cinder shards with better luck it seems, but like you said sometimes it feels more fixed. I’m on mobile iOS if that makes a difference.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The layout, chests, and chest loot are preset daily and affected by daily luck, day, and seed.
Daily luck will change whether chests will appear (excluding level 9 where there is always a chest) and whether the chest will be rare or common (level 9 has a higher chance to be rare)
Buff luck has no influencing factor for the chests.