Character Birthday

Daniiiiii

Sodbuster
I agree! It would be awesome if you were able to set your birthday once you begin a new farm on the first day and even choose a preferred gift you can receive from NPC’s. There is a mod called happy birthday on nexus mods that does the things I listed above but it would be nice if it was implemented into the game.

Heres another birthday idea thread by @liquidcat which could implement birthdays in a cool way!

Last edited:
Every human must have a birthday . Even a virtual one , because it right . Looks like it's a big job for CA - added new events , dialogues etc , but i hope this not impossible and it'll appear in the game eventually .

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, so how should the villagers acknowledge the farmer's birthday? The only way you can do so is to give them a gift. Are you expecting such?

TyranntX

Greenhorn
NPC's saying happy Birth day, as well as ones who are considered your friends giving you gifts (Particularly your spouse)

imnvs

Local Legend
ones who are considered your friends giving you gifts (Particularly your spouse)
See... this is where you lose me. It is far too easy to get everyone a friend in quite quick order.

What I would prefer is that on your birthday it is more likely (perhaps even far more likely) that you'll receive gifts in the mail from the friends that do so. You could also have dialogue for the letter changed to reflect the birthday too and everything keeps operating smoothly.

See... this is where you lose me. It is far too easy to get everyone a friend in quite quick order.
OT: Maybe this could be changed so that you can't have 8/10 hearts with everyone so easily because some NPCs don't like each other. At the moment I only know about the dwarf and Krobus. It would be interesting, if you have to decide and can only have max 5 with one when having 10 with the other or something.
Also this could give another play story to propitiate two opponents first to get more hearts with both...

imnvs

Local Legend
OT: Maybe this could be changed so that you can't have 8/10 hearts with everyone so easily because some NPCs don't like each other. At the moment I only know about the dwarf and Krobus. It would be interesting, if you have to decide and can only have max 5 with one when having 10 with the other or something.
Also this could give another play story to propitiate two opponents first to get more hearts with both...
I get how rivalries can make it near impossible in the real world to get everyone as a friend, but there is the issue of perfection. Without simply making it easier to get perfection by removing the requirement that you maximize friendship with everyone (or without making it super complicated), you would make it impossible to get perfection the way things stand.

TyranntX

Greenhorn
I get how rivalries can make it near impossible in the real world to get everyone as a friend, but there is the issue of perfection. Without simply making it easier to get perfection by removing the requirement that you maximize friendship with everyone (or without making it super complicated), you would make it impossible to get perfection the way things stand.
You could just revamp the heart system entirely and make it take longer to get hearts. Like, after every heart make the next one require more points to obtain. (this would also make people prioritize loved gifts instead of just settling for liked ones). Not to mention it would make relationships feel more real... As they build up way too quickly to feel realistic. For example,

You can Dance with virtually ANY marriage candidate during the flower dance event if you play your cards right and time everything accordingly. YOU AN DANCE WITH, some one you HAVEN'T known for even A MONTH yet... In the first year of the game. It's cute that you can dance with your in-game crush so soon, but it doesn't really feel organic. Hell if that crush were HALEY, you could possibly get her to six hearts before the end of spring.

Adding some realism to relationships should be considered, and rivalries could help, but changes to the game are going to have to be made to compensate for them.

As I said: more difficulties in making friends could give another play story to propitiate two opponents first to get more hearts with both.
It wasn't my intention to make in impossible than just a bit harder.

Pluffy

Planter
I love the idea of a birthday-but as someone else said, the game doesn't operate on an actual calendar so it would be a bit hard to do.

My own idea is the game allows you to pick your own date as your birthday, and you could ether pick which date is the closet to your actual birthday, or pick completely different date.

GoblinOx

Greenhorn
I love the idea of a birthday-but as someone else said, the game doesn't operate on an actual calendar so it would be a bit hard to do.

My own idea is the game allows you to pick your own date as your birthday, and you could ether pick which date is the closet to your actual birthday, or pick completely different date.
they were not talkin actual dates they were talking like for say my character birthday was Spring 15 not saying my characters birthday is April 15 but Spring 15.

Pluffy

Planter
they were not talkin actual dates they were talking like for say my character birthday was Spring 15 not saying my characters birthday is April 15 but Spring 15.
I remember one time a person said something like that in the other thread, but on this thread no one bought it up on how the dating works in the game.